Intern - Prevention and Compliance Division - 2217
Job Vacancy | Friday, July 16, 2021
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"Research and analysis on internal processes and other integrity review functions to enhance the Proactive Integrity Reviews (PIR) Manual."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
The intern will:
- Understand and analyze the past and present workflows of proactive integrity reviews (PIR), special PIRs, followup reviews, and Integrity Risk Management Review (IRMR)
- Conduct research on industry best-practices to identify processes, reports and templates used by similar integrity review or audit functions
- Perform a gap analysis to highlight areas for PIR Team enhancements for incorporation into the PIR Manual
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
• Duration: 8 weeks (with a possibility of extension)
• Timing: January 2022
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines (or virtually, based on COVID-19 policies/restrictions)
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
- Gap analysis report containing identified gaps, areas for enhancements, and recommendations on the review processes to be incorporated in the PIR Manual
- Research paper or report on findings and recommendations on how the PIR and other relevant policies and procedures would be improved, based on best-practices or processes of other similar organizations
- Knowledge sharing and internal learning event/s on the enhanced PIR processes and related policies.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in Law, Business Analytics, Accounting, Finance, or related audit fields.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong analytical skills;
- Interest in the fields of compliance, anti-money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism, customer due diligence, investigations, law, or related fields, will be favorably considered;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, including the ability to clearly and concisely prepare, present, discuss issues, findings, and recommendations.
- Demonstrated teamwork (works effectively with diverse colleagues in own unit and other divisions and departments).
- Demonstrated facilitation and knowledge sharing skills; builds networks with others for the effective communication and exchange of knowledge and ideas.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).