Intern - Trust Fund and Administrative Expense Division - 2218
Job Vacancy | Friday, July 16, 2021
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"Digital Trust Fund Financial Statement Management Tool."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
CTFA is seeking to develop and deploy a tool that will assist with managing the production of Trust Fund Financial statements including tracking external audit requests and submissions.
Currently much of this work is conducted through emails and monitored in spreadsheets. There are no calendar alerts, workflow procedures or tracking reports/dashboards. The tool needs to assist with planning, sequencing, delegating, and tracking tasks. CTFA wishes to visualize progress through a dashboard. The final outputs (Financial Statements and associated documents) need to be filed in an easy to search and retrievable document repository. CTFA has at its disposal SharePoint, Office 365 and DocuSign.
The intern would be required to map the current process, prepare a design document, and help deploy the agreed solution. Tasks would include documenting the “as is” process, reviewing management needs, identifying appropriate tasks for monitoring, assessing possible workflow, identifying process dependencies, mapping deadlines, reviewing audit interactions/requests, transitioning final signing of documents to DocuSign and reviewing current document repository design.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
• Duration: 8 weeks (with a possibility of extension)
• Timing: January 2022
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines (or virtually, based on COVID-19 policies/restrictions)
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
For ADB: Process oversight optimization and visualization through deployment of Digital Trust Fund Financial Statement Management Tool
For Intern: By the end of the assignment, the intern will have learned about ADB’s administration of Trust Funds. S/he will also have gained a unique understanding of how to deploy widely available digital tools in practice.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in Business Administration (MBA) or a degree related to Data Science or Process Engineering.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
The following experience/exposure would be highly desirable: business process design and/or data visualization.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).