Intern - Risk Policy and Architecture Division - 2220
Job Vacancy | Friday, July 16, 2021
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"Risk data management, analysis and reporting."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Understand key risk areas of ADB’s portfolios and design an effective reporting format suitable for live updates.
- Apply IT skills including Power BI, programming languages to digitalize the proposed reporting format.
- Prepare reports and presentations on the design and implementation process of the enhanced reporting format for internal stakeholders.
- Assist with risk data analysis, development of logical data model, drafting of data dictionary.
- Propose any improvements in structured and unstructured data processing, including AI, NLP, etc.
- Closely collaborate with the Division’s team members and IT department where and when applicable.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
• Duration: 8 weeks (with a possibility of extension)
• Timing: January 2022
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines (or virtually, based on COVID-19 policies/restrictions)
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
- Final report and presentation on the main findings, proposals and recommendations for better portfolio risk reporting, data and process improvements and contributions to the Division’s activities.
- Actual outputs of assignments such as: data dictionary (or a component of it), programming codes, models.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in Computer science, Engineering, Econometrics.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of finance and banking (at a basic level).
- Strong computer skills including experience in using PowerBI, programming languages such as Python, R.
- Visual presentation skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Highly motivated and flexible team player with an independent working style.
- Practical experience (University projects count) in data base design, data analysis, implantation of AI.
- International academic or work experience is a plus.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).