Intern - Infrastructure and Technology Division - 2221
Job Vacancy | Friday, July 16, 2021
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"Cyber security researcher (multiple tracks available)."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
· Join ITD security operations team and hunt for threats within the ADB environment
· Learn about cyber security, risk and controls in an enterprise environment
· Evaluate existing models, algorithms and analytical approach built by ITD teams and / or previous interns to continuously enhance data-driven decision making for cyber security operations
· Work with internal and external specialists to develop “hunting missions” using threat intelligence, log data analysis and other security detection / response tools
· Participate in the process of eliminating false positives and eradicating threat actors
· Review alerts generated by ADB’s existing security infrastructure for false positives and offer recommendations to find tune relevant detection rules
· Document work completed and new processes introduced with the help from ADB teams
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
• Duration: 8 weeks (with a possibility of extension)
• Timing: January 2022
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines (or virtually, based on COVID-19 policies/restrictions)
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
- The intern improved understanding and gained hands on experience of cybersecurity operations in an enterprise environment
- Documented work performed, observations and lessons learned
- Established new, or improved existing experimental data model and underlying algorithms to support threat hunting activities
- Internship report in form of a presentation summarizing the preparation and result of the “hunting missions”
- The outcomes can be accomplished through one of the following “tracks” that the intern can choose from, based on individual’s research interest and / or operational priorities at the time of the internship:
o Machine learning
o Blue team (defensive) operations
o Red team (offensive) operations
o Security automation
o Vulnerability and exploit research
o Threat intelligence and inter-agency cooperation
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in Advanced Engineering or Science degrees in the fields of Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Statistics, Mathematics, and other relevant fields.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Exposure to information security training is desired
- Experience in scripting languages such as Python is highly desired
- Experience in participating / achieving results in Capture-The-Flag (CTF) or other cybersecurity / information security competition is strongly preferred
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).