Senior Audit Officer
Job Vacancy | Wednesday, January 5, 2022
This is a re-advertisement. Previous applicants need not apply.
Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
In the event that the staff appointed to a new category (i.e. from AS to NS, or from NS to IS) is rated at 2 or lower in the first two performance reviews after appointment at the new level, they will return to the level occupied immediately prior to their appointment in the new category.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Office of the Auditor General (OAG). ADB’s internal audit function provides audit and advisory services designed to add value and improve ADB operations. OAG provides assurance to the President and the Audit Committee of the Board (ACB) that ADB’s financial and operational controls designed to manage risks and achieve ADB’s development objectives are operating in an efficient and effective manner. OAG assists Management and the ACB by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes in ADB.
All activities of the ADB, including (i) sovereign loan, technical assistance (TA) and grant operations; (ii) non-sovereign lending and equity investment operations; (iii) treasury and risk management functions; (iv) information technology; and (v) finance and administration are covered by OAG.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Senior Audit Officer will serve as the engagement team lead in carrying out audit and advisory services, with emphasis on nonsovereign operations and financial risk management. The position will also serve as a backup lead auditor for treasury audits and advisory services.
The position will report to Assistant Auditor General and will supervise junior National and Administrative Staff.
Serves as auditor-in-charge in conducting medium, non-complex audit and advisory engagements, with an emphasis in nonsovereign operations and financial risk management, and assumes responsibility and accountability for achieving engagement objectives. Serves as a team member in large and complex engagements.
- Conducts independent and objective audits and reviews of business processes and internal control systems.
- Formulates risk-based audit plans, conducts interviews, obtains and analyzes all relevant data and information.
- Identifies opportunities to improve the efficiency, effectiveness and reliability of processes.
- Analyzes and presents issues and facilitates formulating actions to address the root cause of the issues.
- Maintains high-quality working papers and audit reports that are thorough, accurate, objective, and timely.
- Assesses whether the established rules and regulations, policies, guidelines and procedures are aligned with market standards and consistently followed.
- Monitors, follows up, and reports on the status of implementation of the action plan to address issues.
- Contributes to providing advanced-level advisory services to other ADB Departments/Offices on internal control-related matters.
- Contributes to formulating possible solutions to root causes of problems.
- Leads or participates in interdepartmental task forces/working groups and continuous improvement efforts.
- Shares knowledge, and provides comments/advice on nonsovereign, treasury, and risk management policy and procedure papers.
- Supervises the performance of reporting staff, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related fields; preferably with Master’s degree or equivalent.
- Professional certification as a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent is preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience in auditing, project finance, trade finance, equity investment, credit risk management or related field in financial institutions or large organizations; and with at least 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Strong knowledge of ADB’s nonsovereign, treasury and risk management policies, procedures, and practices is an advantage.
- Superior analytical skills, sound judgment, fairness, and discretion.
- Working knowledge of TeamMate audit software and ACL data analysis software is an advantage.
- Ability to develop rapport internally and externally in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Please refer to the ADB Competency Framework for National Staff levels 4 and 5 (NS4 and NS5).
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on the qualifications of the selected candidate.