Associate Risk Management Analyst
Job Vacancy | Monday, October 11, 2021
Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Treasury and Operational Risk Unit (RMTO) within the Office of Risk Management (ORM). ORM has a broad mandate and ensures that ADB’s Treasury, Sovereign, and Nonsovereign operations are sustainable by safeguarding ADB’s rating, advising Board and Management on risk issues, and implementing and promoting a strong internal risk culture.
RMTO is responsible for the proper management of market and treasury credit risk exposures in ADB; monitoring and measuring the performance of ADB’s internally and externally managed investment portfolios; and performing independent middle-office functions of derivative transaction confirmation, position valuation/analysis, and compliance monitoring. RMTO also supports ADB in the management of operational risks through risk identification, measurement, monitoring, and reporting.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Associate Risk Management Analyst will provide analytical and technical support of the following: (i) fundamental risk assessment and reporting of the various types of counterparty credit risk arising from ADB’s treasury operations; (ii) utilization of credit risk tools to monitor and assess counterparties’ probability of default profiles; (iii) compliance monitoring and related investigations with respect to exposures arising from treasury operations; (iv) data checks to verify accuracy and integrity of inputs into risk management processes and reports including trade data, market data and credit ratings; and (v) facilitating the systematic generation of credit risk limits compliance monitoring reports for the external asset management program (EAM) and internal asset management program (IAM).
The incumbent will report to designated International Staff and/or senior National Staff.
a. Credit Risk Assessment and Risk Reporting
- Prepares counterparty credit reviews with guidance from senior credit analyst staff.
- Prepares counterparty and credit risk information for inclusion in bank-wide risk reports.
- Supports the monitoring and reporting of counterparty credit risk exposures arising from derivatives transactions.
- Uses credit risk tools, both scheduled and ad-hoc, to assess and monitor the probability of default (PD) profile of treasury risk counterparties.
b. Credit Risk Limits Compliance Monitoring
- Prepares daily production data for limits compliance monitoring and other reporting purposes (in conjunction with systems team); generates compliance monitoring reports.
- Conducts data integrity checks, systematic downloading of positions data and securities’ attribute data from internal and third-party sources, generating EAM and IAM compliance and credit exposure reports.
c. Sovereign, Depository Bank, Swap Counterparty Watchlist Update
- Downloads and validates data from third party sources (e.g., Bloomberg).
- Monitors ratings updates for accurate representation in daily reports.
- Presents market developments at regular counterparty watchlist review meeting.
d. Management of Counterparty Attributes Data
- Downloads and validates various counterparty data (including credit ratings and financial statements line items) from Bloomberg.
- Processes credit ratings updates via in-house system.
- Verifies changes and send e-mail alerts to ORM team and to user departments
e. Credit Risk Tools
- Provides support for any ongoing RMTO-related IT projects which may include among others user acceptance testing activities, validation of limits and compliance monitoring requirements, and implementation of treasury risk management guidelines.
- Performs other tasks that may be assigned.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in finance, accounting, economics, engineering, mathematics, statistics, or related field, preferably with risk management designation. A certified public accountant (CPA) or chartered financial analyst (CFA) designations are an advantage.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- High proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience in using relevant applications such as Bloomberg is an advantage.
- Good understanding of the dynamics and behavior of global finance and capital markets, and solid foundation in investment principles.
- Good coordination and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Level 6.
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.