Senior Operations Assistant
Job Vacancy | Friday, October 8, 2021
Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Office of the Director General of East Asia Department (EARD/EAOD), which is responsible for relationships concerning ADB operations with Developing Member Countries (DMCs) in the East Asia subregion, with other multilateral and bilateral development agencies and other key stakeholders on matters relating to the subregion. EAOD provides overall coordinating assistance to the EARD Regional Management Team; in terms of development of country strategies and work programs, programming of loan, grant and technical assistance projects, project administration, mobilizing cofinancing from external sources for development projects, coordinating knowledge management work, ensuring safeguards compliance of projects, coordinating with other ADB departments and with external development partners, and overseeing operations of ADB’s resident missions in People’s Republic of China and Mongolia MON as well as 4 sector divisions.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Senior Operations Assistant will provide statistical and analytical support services for various activities and assist in coordinating division-wide activities relating to project processing and administration and other administrative functions. The incumbent will report to designated international staff and senior National staff.
- Under the guidance of the Project Administration Unit (PAU) Head and International Staff, assist in reviewing, analyzing, and consolidating the department's outputs in the preparation of assigned plans, programs and reports to ensure their accuracy and consistency (e.g. Work Plan and Budget Framework).
- Monitors submission of processing documents for proposed loan, grant and technical assistance (TA) projects.
- Manages flow of processing documents to endure timely clearance and approval.
- Maintains document log for processing documents submitted for approval.
- Assists in the administration of TA projects from the selection process of TA consultants, processing of claims and preparation of TA Completion Reports (TCRs).
- Assists the division in the recruitment of consultants, in the preparation of Individual Consultant System (ICS) requests, and in documentation for short-listing and processing of contract variations.
- Assists in updating, monitoring the division’s PAU Document Logging System, as well as in creating, preparing and updating eOperations (eOps) records of TAs assigned, Project Completion Reports (PCRs), TA Completion Reports (TCRs), and project administration back-to-office reports (BTORs) of assigned projects under the guidance of the international staff and/or Project Officer.
- Performs quality due diligence review of consultant selection in the consultant management system (CMS), as assigned.
- Assists in updating of administration reports for VPO2, PPFD, Management Committee Meeting (MCM), etc.
- Monitors submission of project administration documents and manages flow of documents to ensure timely clearance and approval.
- Maintains document log for project administration documents for approval.
Administrative and Human Resource (HR) Management Support Functions
- Assists in handling the day-to-day routine functions in support of the division’s Project Administration Unit.
- Contributes to effective internal communication of EARD activities and staff engagement through virtual communication channels.
- Processes, reviews and follows up on HR and budget administrative actions, including verifying compliance of information and documentation with appropriate policies and guidelines.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of the documentation, databases and computer requirements.
- Provides administrative assistance for international staff, as assigned.
- Acts as alternate to Senior Operations Assistant and Executive Assistant in the absence of the incumbent.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields, preferably in Economics, Finance, Business Administration or Statistics.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Good computer skills in MS Office applications (Word, Excel and Power Point), and Office 365 applications (SharePoint), Oracle applications (eOperations [eOps]), Consultant Management System [CMS], Procurement Review System [PRS], and Operations Dashboard), and ADB's Integrated Disbursement System and related web applications (Grant Financial Information System [GFIS], Loan Financial Information System [LFIS], or similar software products and applications
- Experiences in the use of desktop publishing and design software such as Microsoft Publisher, Visio, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Knowledge and experience in designing slide presentation and communication materials in digital format (e.g. brochure, web pages, tip sheets, posters, etc.).
- Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location and remotely with individuals and Project Management Offices from different cultural/national backgrounds
- Good analytical thinking
- Ability to set priorities and manage workload
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Level 5
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.