Associate Knowledge Sharing and Services Analyst
Job Vacancy | Friday, October 8, 2021
Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Knowledge Advisory Services Center within the Sustainable Development and Climate Change Department (SDCC-KC). The Sustainable Development and Climate Change Department provides leadership, innovation, and knowledge sharing for ADB’s sector and thematic work. SDCC-KC is responsible for ADB-wide initiatives related to knowledge management (KM) and innovation. The Center provides advisory services on country knowledge plans and knowledge sharing technical assistance (TA), facilitates the establishment of knowledge partnerships and leads in implementing innovation initiatives.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Associate Knowledge Sharing and Services Analyst will provide timely and comprehensive administrative, and analytical support to help SDCC-KC in delivering advisory services on KM, country knowledge programming, partnerships and innovation. The incumbent will report to the Chief of the Knowledge Advisory and Services Center.
• Manage the meeting schedules related to the Knowledge Management Action Plan (KMAP) 2021-2025 implementation and KM departmental roadmaps, country knowledge programming, partnerships and innovation.
• Manage timeline of milestones of the teams’ major projects, initiatives and events.
• Analyze work burden and workplan balance and team members outputs versus time inputs.
• Support the organization of country knowledge consultations including participant coordination.
• Arrange mission travel of staff, when necessary.
Communication and Correspondence:
• Support the dissemination of knowledge products in relation to KMAP, country knowledge plans, partnerships, and innovation.
• Handle TA paper circulations, compliance and quality control.
• Coordinate submissions to senior management and front office.
• Plan Board engagements as required and ensure procedures and protocols are followed.
• Manage the circulation of ADB documents for comment by the team.
• Support sharing of SDCC-KC’s work on social media.
• Support intra-team communication to ensure we are inclusive and participatory, flag intra team communication gaps.
• Support the coordination and logistics for knowledge sharing events, workshops, and training programs (including Insight Thursday and Innovation Speakers’ Series) including preparing terms of reference for speakers, coordination of pre-meetings and event materials and communication of innovation services, event blurbs, and summaries.
• Support managing virtual events platforms, coordination of access to events, briefing material etc.
• Reviews and updates, as necessary the guidelines for conducting the Eminent Speakers’ Forum and Innovation Speakers’ Series.
• Support Insight Thursday.
• Support reporting on knowledge services.
• Manage the Center’s budget disbursement and reporting requirements.
• Arrange annual budget request and mid-year budget exercise.
• Support developing narrative for any additional budget needs.
• Handle the engagement of staff consultants and maintains the consultants and contractors’ database.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the Management field.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in supporting team. administration, event organization and communication.
• Working knowledge of assigned area.
• Ability to simplify work procedures to be able to produce more with less resources.
• Interpersonal skills to work successfully with clients, suppliers and colleague.
• Ability to market the Center’s events Project management skills.
• Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location.
• Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
• Good oral and written communication skills in English.
• Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for AS6
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.