Associate Financing Partnerships Analyst
Job Vacancy | Thursday, October 14, 2021
Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned to the Partner Funds Division (SDPF) of the Sustainable Development and Climate Change Department (SDCC). The SDCC provides leadership, innovation, and knowledge sharing for ADB’s sector and thematic work. SDPF is responsible for a group of multisector trust funds, administration of project-specific cofinancing, and management of bank-wide systems and data on financing partnership.
The division (i) administers multisector trust funds, (ii) helps other departments administer trust funds, (iii) helps other departments administer projects and technical assistance (TA) under project-specific cofinancing and global funding initiatives, generally after signing of cofinancing agreement, (iv) consolidates, review and officially submit reports on trust funds, project-specific cofinancing and global funding initiatives to relevant financing partners, (v) manages and shares bank-wide cofinancing data as the single repository and prepares various reports on financing partnerships, and (vi) leads development, operationalization and enhancements of the partner funds management information systems and other automation initiative using information technology solutions (e.g., online trust fund application).
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
To provide technical and analytical support in administration of official loan and grant cofinancing, management of trust funds, microsite enhancement and maintenance, database management and reporting. As the tasks require extensive and direct liaison with both internal and external clients, the position will contribute in developing and applying a working understanding of ADB’s internal and external people network and in promoting and facilitating official cofinancing from bilateral and multilateral sources for ADB-assisted projects.
Work within a framework of broad policies, principles and goals, applying a high degree of autonomy in selection of work methods. The incumbent will report to designated International Staff and senior National Staff.
The Associate Financing Partnerships Analyst will undertake:
A. Administration and reporting on project-specific cofinancing
• Verification of data entered in systems on financing partnership.
• Management of fund inflows, administration fees, foreign exchange fluctuation, balance, and audit.
• Development of standardized reporting formats in collaboration with SPD.
• Preparation and submission of financial and project narrative (or progress) reports through requesting inputs from departments implementing the cofinanced projects and reviewing consistency of contents and data.
• Liaising with CTL on audited FS preparation, and submission of the same to partners, when audits are needed.
• Compliance with other commitments made by ADB in the cofinancing agreements
• Regular sharing of feedback on cofinancing administration issues with SPD for future improvements in cofinancing agreement templates.
B. Support to Trust Fund operations
• Reviewing reports on assigned trust fund and submission (as required) of progress reports, financial statements, and partner evaluation.
• Timely management of bank account, fund inflows (installments and remittance), administration fees, foreign exchange fluctuation, balance, and audit.
• Materializing implementation arrangements as provided in the proposal for establishment of trust funds upon approval.
• Disposal of the fund balance as per agreements with partners and closes trust funds.
• Continuous improvements to business processes under relevant trust funds.
• Preparation of annual trust fund reports and other reports in accordance with the relevant legal agreements and ADB's commitments.
C. General cofinancing support
• Impact story production for cofinanced projects in coordination with SPD and trust fund teams.
• Provide critical inputs to the (a) partnership report on assigned trust fund and partners’ operations, (b) management dashboard, (c) briefing notes, (d) country information notes, and (e) donor country facts sheets.
• Regular communications with the Strategic Partnerships Division of the Strategy, Policy and Partnerships Department (SPSP) to exchange partners' feedbacks to help ensure that such feedbacks are appropriately addressed in the relevant reports.
• Support to consultant recruitment and contract variation.
D. Bank-wide data management and enhancements
• Collection and cataloguing of all reports to donors as single repository.
• Inputs of legal agreement information into the relevant systems.
• Collection and consolidation of data on projects and TA under trust funds and project specific cofinancing.
• Establishment and management of the client portal system under the Partner Funds Management System project phase 2, and continuation of efforts on the Partner Funds Management System project phase 1.
• Timely provision of financing partnerships data within ADB.
E. Knowledge management
• Accumulation of knowledge related the key responsibilities as listed above ensuring that such knowledge is open to all staff in the same division, and dissemination of thereof through internal and external events and publications. ·
• Enhancement and maintenance of the SDPF and Partnerships microsites and oversee both the SDPF team site and community sites.
• Performs other duties which may be assigned by the supervisor(s) and reflected in the incumbent's workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in relevant fields with at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
• Solid understanding of relevant official cofinancing procedures and guidelines and inter linkages with ADB operations.
• Demonstrated capacity to work independently; can accomplish own work program proactively and with minimum supervision.
• Proficient with computer software in common use in ADB, and with the use of computer databases to input and extract information, and to generate standard and ad hoc reports.
• Able to liaise, work effectively and interact in a professional manner with staff within own work location, and with other ADB stakeholders.
• Good coordination and interpersonal skills, and ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
• Able to exercise judgment on matters of confidentiality and those requiring urgent attention especially in the supervisor's absence.
• Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for AS6.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.