Intern - Infrastructure Finance Division 1 - 2226
Job Vacancy | Wednesday, December 1, 2021
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"Private Sector infrastructure financing opportunities in Nepal."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
The intern will undertake a market study to identify constraints and opportunities to scale up private sector investment in Nepal, with a particular focus on the infrastructure related sectors such as power, transport, urban, waste management, water, etc. In addition, the intern would also need to evaluate the private sector business landscape, and identify opportunities in select manufacturing, and services sectors. The aim will be to identify funding needs in the sector, and potential investment and lending opportunities for PSIF1.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
• Duration: 8 weeks (with a possibility of extension)
• Timing: June 2022
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines (or virtually, based on COVID-19 policies/restrictions)
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
• Understand business environment for infrastructure related sectors (as power, transport, urban, waste management, water) and, manufacturing and services sectors in Nepal, including but not limited to, macroeconomics, regulatory framework, key market players, and activities of other MDB/DFIs as well as sovereign guaranteed lenders.
• Identify constraints in scaling up of businesses in the private sector.
• Identify specific investment and lending opportunities for PSIF1.
• Present key findings and recommendation to ADB staff.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in accounting, business, economics, finance and/or management.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
No other requirements
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).