Intern - European Representative Office - 2231
Job Vacancy | Wednesday, December 1, 2021
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"Understanding European Stakeholder Perspectives on Developing Asia and the Pacific."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
The purpose of the internship is to better understand the landscape of public communications related to developing Asia and the Pacific. The intern will help map and assess media outlets and developmental events in ADB’s European 17 member countries, identifying those that have a demonstrated interest and presence in issues related to developing Asia and the Pacific – as part of the mapping exercise the intern will prepare a database of publications and outlets for further usage by ERO and other departments and offices. The internship will also examine and analyze current debates on developing Asia and the Pacific in Europe, and identify opportunities for ADB to engage most effectively and visibly.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
• Duration: 8 weeks (with a possibility of extension)
• Timing: June 2022
4. LOCATION: ADB European Representative Office, Frankfurt, Germany (or virtually, based on COVID-19 policies/restrictions)
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
The internship will lead to a greater understanding of the most effective communications modes for ERO to reach key audiences in Europe, including governments, their constituents, and other key stakeholders.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in communications or media (including digital media).
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
The intern will have experience in conducting surveys of diverse stakeholders and preparing high quality reports. The intern will preferably already have a good knowledge of the work of international financial or other development finance institutions, including ADB.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).