IT Officer (Enterprise Automation)
Job Vacancy | Friday, January 14, 2022
Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
In the event that the staff appointed to a new category (i.e. from AS to NS, or from NS to IS) is rated at 2 or lower in the first two performance reviews after appointment at the new level, they will return to the level occupied immediately prior to their appointment in the new category.
This is a special fixed-term appointment for a period of three (3) years following Section 3.1 (c.) of Administrative Order No. 2.01 (“Recruitment and Appointment’). This appointment is not convertible to a regular appointment. It may be extended on exceptional basis for a further fixed period at the option of ADB. This appointment is open to internal and external applicants.
If the successful candidate is an ADB staff member holding a regular appointment, his/her regular appointment will be converted to a special fixed-term appointment. A special fixed-term appointment will automatically and without prior notice expire at the end of the term.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Infrastructure and Technology Operations Division (ITID) within the Information Technology Department (ITD). ITD enables ADB’s digital agenda and supports the Bank’s global operations. The department delivers digital innovation, IT infrastructure, services and solutions, and provides tools and knowledge platforms.
ITID is responsible for the design, governance, implementation, maintenance, and day-to-day operations of ADB’s technology infrastructure, platforms, security and associated systems. This division works to ensure that the bank’s production technology systems are operational and available to the people of ADB and continually monitors the bank’s infrastructure and applications for potential security threats and breaches. This division also stays abreast of the latest developments in end-user devices, mobility, and technology architecture to ensure ADB is taking advantage of the latest technologies when it makes business sense.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The IT Officer (Enterprise Automation) position is accountable for maintaining ADB’s enterprise automation platforms. S/he is responsible in a) developing and troubleshooting necessary automation scripts and bots, b) orchestrating playbooks, c) enforcing standards and d) managing day-to-day operations within the automation landscape (e.g. Infrastructure as Code tools, DevOps pipelines, Robotic Process Automation). S/he will assist in developing a secure, scalable and resilient governance and operating model.
The incumbent will report to the Senior Information Technology Specialist (Engineering and Innovation).
- Oversees the operations, maintenance and performance of the enterprise automation platforms including testing, upgrading, and development of necessary scripts and bots
- Defines DevOps build and release pipelines, integrates with third party solutions (e.g. automated e2e testing, static code analysis, automated load testing, container vulnerability scanning, etc.)
- Evaluates, proposes and implements recommendations to improve and modernize automation capabilities (e.g. playbook orchestration, standards for RPA bot development, containerization, etc.)
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge, and assists in the formulation of overall direction and strategic initiatives within the enterprise automation space
- Communicates with appropriate vendors to identify solutions to problems, explore capabilities and understands requirements of applications under development
- Act as an automation advocate across different divisions within Information Technology Department
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or relevant fields. Alternatively, university degree in related fields combined with additional relevant professional experience can be considered
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant information technology experience
- Strong experience in scripting languages such as Bash, PowerShell, Python or Groovy
- Strong understanding of DevOps principles (e.g., Continuous Integration & Delivery)
- Experience with Terraform OSS, Terraform Cloud for Infrastructure Provisioning
- Experience with Ansible OSS, Ansible Automation Platform for Configuration Management
- Experience with building DevOps pipelines with Azure DevOps
- Experience with Automation Platform or A360 for Robotic Process Automation
- Working knowledge with public cloud offerings such as Azure, AWS, or GCP
- Knowledge with Docker or similar container solution is ideal
- Knowledge with service orchestration tools such as Kubernetes, Mesos or Swarm is ideal
- Knowledge on reliable design patterns (e.g. graceful degradation) is ideal
- Attention to detail and organization in all aspects of work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for National Staff Level 2.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.