Senior Risk Management Assistant
Job Vacancy | Tuesday, July 12, 2022
Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1 Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle.
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Risk Policy and Architecture Division (RMPA) within the Office of Risk Management (ORM). ORM has a broad mandate and ensures that ADB’s Treasury, Sovereign, and Nonsovereign operations are sustainable by safeguarding ADB’s rating, advising Board and Management on risk issues, and implementing and promoting a strong internal risk culture.
RMPA establishes and maintains policies, procedures, and tools for risk management that are consistent with those of other multilateral development banks (MDBs) and prudent banking principles. The principal responsibilities of RMPA include: (i) establishment and maintenance of best practice policies, methods and procedures for credit, market, and operational risk; (ii) development and maintenance of tools and systems to support enterprise-wide risk management; (iii) maintenance of a ratings desk; (iv) analysis, rating, and monitoring of the creditworthiness of ADB’s sovereign borrowers; (v) data management; and (vi) limit monitoring and risk reporting.
To view ADB’s Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Senior Risk Management Assistant (i) provides support in the development, implementation, and maintenance of policies, methodologies, and procedures for the assessment of (a) credit risk (sovereign and non-sovereign), and (b) industry, sector, and regulatory risk; and (ii) contributes to the production of related reports, recommendations, and policy papers. The incumbent will report to designated International Staff and/or senior National Staff.
- Assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of methods, models, tools, analytics, and procedures for a structured credit risk analysis process.
- Provides support in ADB’s ratings process by maintaining relevant tools, guidelines, and databases.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining a database and an efficient process to synthesize information that is produced within and outside ADB.
- Supports ad hoc preparation of risk outlooks for management and external consumption.
- Collects and analyzes financial and market data from various sources to assist supervisors in the preparation of reports and Board papers.
- Assists in reviewing and editing Board papers and other documents and reports prepared by the team.
- Assists in preparing briefing notes/progress reports, memos, presentation materials, as required.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned as reflected in the incumbent’s work plan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics/Econometrics, or related fields.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in related fields.
- Familiarity with risk rating tools, credit pricing, exposure limits, capital adequacy, and related topics in the area of risk management.
- Proficiency in using relevant computer applications such as Excel, Word, and Powerpoint; preferably with experience in statistical/econometric software and financial data applications (especially Bloomberg).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Good memo composition and editing skills.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Level 5.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious, and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.