Intern - Economic Analysis and Operational Support Division - 2303
Job Vacancy | Friday, July 15, 2022
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"Categorizing climate change policies in developing Asia."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
The intern will undertake the following tasks as main daily activities:
1. Conduct a comprehensive review of literature on climate change policies;
2. Identify key areas and features for public policies on climate change mitigation and adaptation;
3. Categorize current policies adopted in developing Asia; and
4. Propose a framework for a database of climate change policies for Asia and the Pacific.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
• Duration: 8 weeks (with a possibility of extension)
• Timing: January 2023
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines (or virtually, depending on prevailing travel restrictions)
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
An intern report that discusses key areas and features of public policies on climate change mitigation and adaptation in developing Asia, categorize current policies adopted, and proposes a framework for a database of climate change policies for Asia and the Pacific. A presentation will be made to share the key findings of the study.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in economics, public policy or related field with a focus on climate change.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Experience in research projects studying climate change economics and policies and/or processing database related to climate change is desirable.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).