Intern - Strategy, Policy, and Business Process Division - 2312
Job Vacancy | Friday, July 15, 2022
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"Comparative study of Policy-Based Loans."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
The intern will conduct a comparative study of Policy-Based Loan (PBL) provided by Multilateral Development Banks (MDB). PBL is a common instrument of MDBs to support policy actions (PA), but their practices vary in terms of the number of PAs, type of PAs, sector(s) covered, policy actions shared with cofinancers, etc. The study creates a database based on board papers and other publicly available information, and examine show MDBs uses PBLs differently, focusing on their policy actions.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
• Duration: 8 weeks (with a possibility of extension)
• Timing: January 2023
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines (or virtually, depending on prevailing travel restrictions)
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
A research report produced, and the finding shared with the concerned ADB staff.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in economics or public administration. Specialization in public finance will be preferred.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Experiences or knowledge in policy reforms in developing countries, especially those supported by MDBs, will be preferred.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).