Intern - Information Resources and Services Unit - 2316
Job Vacancy | Friday, July 15, 2022
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"To prepare a detailed project for the opening of the ADB Archives to public consultation, analyzing resources required, tentative timeline and necessary preparations."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
• Study the opening to the public of archives of other international organizations to derive best practices for ADB to follow
• Draft a project for the opening of ADB archives to public consultation, including a proposal of necessary resources and tentative timeline, with special attention to effort sustainability
• Propose guidelines for public consultation of ADB archives, including declassification and authorization for consultation
• Analyze which changes in archives processing need to happen to open archives to public consultation (i.e. standardized archival description).
• Analyze what kind of software tool needs to be implemented to enable the opening of archives to public consultation
• Plan summarily a second phase of the project that would include the online availability of scanned archival materials with linked archival descriptions for remote consultation via Internet
• Any other tasks related to the project of opening of ADB archives to public consultation
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
• Duration: 8 weeks (with a possibility of extension)
• Timing: January 2023
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines (or virtually, depending on prevailing travel restrictions)
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
• Short report and summary table to show current practice including conditions/requirements of other international organization to open their archives to the public
• Report outlining a proposal for opening the ADB archives to public consultation, containing details about necessary resources and proposed timeline
• Guidelines for public consultation of ADB archives
• Report about changes to current archival processing practices
• Report about online access to scanned archives in a subsequent phase, recommending necessary software tool procurement
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program on archival science in one of the ADB member countries.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Experience in archival institution in one of ADB member countries
• Good drafting skills in English
• Experience with archival management software (i.e. AtoM)
• Experience in International Organizations (previous internship in another IO)
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).