Associate Investment Analyst (SRP) (2 positions)
Job Vacancy | Friday, August 5, 2022
Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Retirement Benefits and Investment Unit (RIU) within the Budget, People and Management Systems Department (BPMSD). The department provides services to ADB in the areas of human resources and budget & management services. The division is responsible for the retirement benefits, policies and procedures across the organization, ensuring that they are designed, monitored and managed in a way which supports the strategic objectives of ADB.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Associate Investment Analyst (SRP) will provide analytical and technical support in ensuring Staff Retirement Plan (SRP) and Retiree Medical Plan Fund (RMPF) investments are appropriately managed and performance of fund managers are reported and reviewed regularly. The position is expected to coordinate with ADB internal parties (e.g. CTL, TD, OAG, and Plan participants), investment managers, and global custodian to assist all parties in clarifying matters of interest to their areas of responsibility. The incumbent will report to the designated International Staff and Senior National Staff
- Prepares monthly and quarterly investment portfolio analytics reports for the SRP Investment Committee (IC) which includes fund performance analysis and attribution against benchmark, fund manager monitoring, as well as in depth portfolio and market review to support fund performance results.
- Provides support for the SRP Investment Committee including preparation of reports for portfolio reviews and quarterly calls with fund managers, service review with custodian, briefing materials, meeting minutes documentation, and preparation of ADB formalities when there is a change in the Committee's membership including update of the Authorized Signatories List (ASL).
- Participates in quarterly meetings with fund managers to discuss their performance, portfolio positioning, and market developments in relevant financial markets
- Reviews, monitors, and reports the asset allocation prescribed by the approved asset allocation policy for both SRP and RMPF investment funds.
- Monitors investment transactions undertaken by the investment managers to ensure that they remain within the parameters of the policy/guidelines, reporting any violations encountered and recommend a remedial course of action.
- Assists IC and RIU in selecting, hiring, terminating, and monitoring the performance of investment managers and transition managers.
- Monitors performance of the Global Custodian against Service Level Agreement targets.
- Monitors any fundamental changes pertaining to the organization of investment managers and of the global custodian that may affect their performance, such as changes in investment process, organizational structure, ownership, and key personnel.
- Assists in managing relationships between investment managers, transition managers and global custodian for smooth and efficient pre and post trade processing and reporting.
- Monitors and validates fees charged for management of portfolio, custodial services, and consulting services against terms of contracts and valid underlying activities. Arranges for payment of these fees and maintains a systematic filing system of all fees charged and their corresponding payments for easy retrieval as future reference.
- Assists in research and study undertaken by Retirement Benefits and Investment Unit (BPOD-RIU.) Keeps current with software technology provided by global custodian, other relevant financial information system providers, and ADB.
- Performs other duties as assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance, accounting, economics, engineering, mathematics, statistics, or other related fields. Master’s degree or equivalent certification is a plus.
• Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience preferably in international banking operations, treasury management, financial risk management, asset management or pension fund investment management.
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications as well as in specialized financial data software such as Bloomberg.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English; strong written communication skills i.e. composition of memos and reports, editing skills, minutes writing.
• A team player, collaborative with good interpersonal skills.
• Good understanding and knowledge of business protocols, formats, and standards relevant in the performance of the position's duties.
• Ability to manage priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions, and standardized practices; ability to work with minimum supervision, exercise good judgment on matters of confidentiality, and maintain composure under pressure.
• Thorough understanding of the role and function of the Unit and a good general understanding of the organization's purpose.
Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for AS6.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.