Portfolio Management Analyst
Job Vacancy | Monday, September 12, 2022
Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Portfolio Management Division (PFPM) within the Procurement, Portfolio and Financial Management Department (PPFD). In the area of portfolio management, PPFD is responsible for assessing the performance of ADB’s portfolio, including preparation of the annual portfolio performance report, reporting on quarterly portfolio performance and project classification system, and conducting special studies; preparing regular and ad hoc reports on the status of ADB’s portfolio; managing selected portfolio databases, including data entry and data quality assurance; supporting and managing ADB’s automated project management systems; maintaining PPFD’s website and Business Opportunities website; providing technical and analytical portfolio management support to user departments; overseeing, administering and advising on Project Administration Instructions (PAIs); providing secretariat support to the Operations Review Meeting-Portfolio; leading interagency engagement on portfolio and project management issues including participation in multilateral development bank (MDB) portfolio management meetings; commenting and advising, in coordination with the Strategy, Policy, and Partnership Department, on operational policies and procedures; and leading capacity development efforts for effective delivery.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Portfolio Management Analyst is responsible for (i) supporting the preparation of key portfolio reports and indicators for sovereign and/or non-sovereign portfolio; (ii) producing non-sovereign data on financial performance and portfolio indicators; (iii) generating and reviewing of financial performance and portfolio indicators for specific analyses, regular and ad hoc portfolio reports, and special studies; (iv) assisting in the performance of the quality assurance function on portfolio reports through review of records in the financial systems and project and portfolio management systems; and (v) providing guidance and support to user departments on the use of project and portfolio management systems, and portfolio reports/indicators. The incumbent will report directly to the designated International Staff and senior National Staff.
- Contributes to the preparation of the Annual Portfolio Performance Report, Statement of the ADB's Operations, Operations Review Meetings materials, Quarterly Summary Report on Approved Technical Assistance, Quarterly Portfolio Update, and special studies undertaken by the Unit.
- Generates and performs first level review and quality assurance on non-sovereign financial performance and portfolio indicators, including statistics and graphical presentations on historical trends at ADB-wide level for annual, quarterly, and ad-hoc reports. Provides validated data and analysis on portfolio information.
- Maintains complete, accurate, and timely update of portfolio management data for use in reports, ad hoc requirements, and special studies. Supports the conduct of research and provides inputs to the preparation of special studies and issues related to the non-sovereign and/or sovereign operations, including simulations and historical trends.
- Comments and provides inputs on non-sovereign-related data/matters to other departments’ reports, such as Quarterly Risk Management Report, Development Effectiveness Report, Informal Board Seminar, and Midyear Review of BRC.
- Monitors portfolio performance issues, and coordinates with concerned departments (e.g., Operations Departments, Private Sector Operations Department, Office of Risk Management, Controller's Department, and Strategy, Policy and Partnership Department).
- Supports the Regional Departments in the preparation of background papers for country portfolio review, quarterly country portfolio indicators, and country partnership strategy by providing data and historical trends on standard indicators/information for non-sovereign operations.
- Assists staff on queries relating to the application of particular business process, sources of portfolio information, and definition/methodology of portfolio management indicators.
- Supports the maintenance/management of portfolio data, including timely updates, quality assurance of data. Performs quality assurance and testing on regular and ad hoc reports/outputs from various application systems.
- Provides technical assistance to staff on the use of various application systems (e.g., eOperations, Integrated Disbursement System, Operations Dashboard, financial systems, and project processing and portfolio management systems). Reviews and conducts quality checks on validity and completeness of key information.
- Assists in performing user acceptance testing on system functionality of the project processing and portfolio management eOperations system, Integrated Disbursement System, Operations and other dashboards. Provides inputs and feedback in consultation with the team and monitors accuracy of regular outputs.
- Prepares required information for ad hoc requests.
- Performs other tasks across teams within PPFD, as requested.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree major in Accounting, Business Management, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, or Financial Management
- At least 5 years relevant work experience in administering and reporting of ADB’s non-sovereign products, supporting project processing, project implementation, and portfolio management
- Working knowledge on ADB or similar multilateral development bank’s financial instruments and project/portfolio performance reporting systems – Project Performance Reports, portfolio reports, project/product approvals, and portfolio performance indicators
- Working knowledge of ADB or similar multilateral development bank’s project administration and financial systems
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze relationships among several parts of a problem or situation
- Ability to work well with numbers and details
- Proficient in using MS Excel (including its functions, formulas, and creation of charts)
- Ability to research, gather, and organize required data and information, and apply appropriate computer skills in analyzing and developing data
- Good understanding of basic statistical concepts
- Good understanding of ADB' or similar multilateral development bank’s operational processes and procedures
- Has initiative and thinks independently under limited supervision
- Ability to liaise and work effectively with staff within the team and throughout ADB
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Levels 7.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.