Associate Procurement Analyst
Job Vacancy | Thursday, September 22, 2022
Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in Procurement Division 2 within the Procurement, Portfolio and Financial Management Department (PPFD). PPFD’s responsibilities in terms of consulting services include: (a) providing consulting governance and related policy advice to operational departments and Management; (b) advising on consulting services transactions during project design and implementation; (c) processing and approving consulting services transactions as specified in consulting services guidelines and related operations manual (OM) and project administration instructions (PAIs); (d) preparing, issuing, and amending standard contracts for consulting services; (e) acting as the technical assistance (TA) consultant selection committee secretariat, chairing CSCs and special meetings on consultant performance assessments, providing advice, and negotiating TA contracts for consulting services; (f) reviewing and advising on PAI procedures and OM provisions on consulting, and preparing guidelines, manuals and handbooks on consultant recruitment; (h) managing and assisting in design of automated consultant systems to improve transactional efficiency; (i) leading interagency engagement on consulting, procurement issues; and (j) leading consulting services innovation and efficiency initiatives, including conducting selected studies.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Associate Procurement Analyst (i) processes variations to individual and consulting firm contracts using available IT systems; (ii) conducts financial proposal evaluation through the Consultant Management System (CMS); (iii) assists in contract negotiations by preparing the personnel schedule and contract cost estimates; (iv) serves as alternate mainframe coordinator for all mainframe-related issues, enhancements, data generation, etc.; (v) proposes enhancements to IT systems relevant to consulting services and participate in user acceptance testing sessions; (vi) conducts training sessions/learning clinics for user divisions on contract variation processing; and (vii) provides administrative support to the Consulting Services Unit’s operations. The incumbent will report to designated International Staff and Senior National Staff.
Work independently on all or a combination of the following transactions and/or clearly defined areas, depending on the assignment/instructions from supervisors (International Staff and/or Senior National Staff):
- Inputs/updates accurate information on consulting contracts for new contracts and contract variations to mainframe (TAIS or GFIS) within PPFD service level standard
- Validates accuracy, completeness and consistency of the documents received and maintain log of contracts encoded
- Reviews and evaluates financial proposals online in accordance with ADB financial proposal evaluation guidelines and prepares briefing notes based on review of financial proposals and submits overall ranking for approval
- Assists in contract negotiations by preparing the personnel schedule and contract cost estimates in accordance with ADB guidelines.
- Reviews and evaluates contract variation requests for accuracy, completeness of documentation and compliance with ADB guidelines
- Processes variations to individual and consulting firm contracts by preparing cost estimates in agreement with user division and in compliance with ADB’s policies and procedures; and maintains contract variation records (File III) and ensures that all documents are organized and filed accurately
- Liaises with the Information Technology Department regarding resolution of IT issues (technical problems, errors, enhancements, fixes, user division concerns, etc.) and obtains and consolidates contract data from mainframe, as needed
- Proposes improvements to IT systems used for consulting services transactions and participates in user acceptance testing of new programs and enhancements
- Provides learning clinics and one-on-one sessions to user divisions on contract variation processing
- Provides support in the delivery of all tasks to other staff in the Contract Administration unit and performs other tasks as assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan and as requested by supervisor and Head of Consulting Services unit.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or a similar field
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Proven ability to work independently on assigned transactions, areas of analysis and research, which have well-defined scope and steps
- Ability to conduct cost-benefit analysis to support decision-making
- Ability to set priorities for self and junior team members
- Effective report writing and communication skills in English
- Proficient in spreadsheets and required information technologies
- Ability to provide guidance to other administrative staff on assigned area of work
- Ability to liaise and work effectively with government officials within own work location and with colleagues throughout ADB
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Levels 6.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.