Associate/Risk Management Analyst
Job Vacancy | Friday, November 11, 2022
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Risk Policy and Architecture Division (RMPA) within the Office of Risk Management (ORM). ORM has a broad mandate and ensures that ADB’s Treasury, Sovereign, and Nonsovereign operations are sustainable by safeguarding ADB’s rating, advising Board and Management on risk issues, and implementing and promoting a strong internal risk culture.
RMPA establishes and maintains policies, procedures, and tools for risk management that are consistent with those of other multilateral development banks (MDBs) and prudent banking principles. The principal responsibilities of RMPA include: (i) establishment and maintenance of best practice policies, methods and procedures for credit, market, and operational risk; (ii) development and maintenance of tools and systems to support enterprise-wide risk management; (iii) maintenance of a ratings desk; (iv) analysis, rating, and monitoring of the creditworthiness of ADB’s sovereign borrowers; (v) data management; and (vi) limit monitoring and risk reporting.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Risk Management Analyst provides support in the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of a comprehensive risk management framework, including policies, methodologies, and Information Technology systems.
The incumbent will report to designated International Staff and senior National Staff.
- Provides project management support to implement processes, models, and reports required to provide lifetime expected loss every quarter.
- Provides support in Current Expected Credit Loss (CECL) reporting, review, scenario, and stress analysis of CECL values every quarter.
- Manages technical component of communication with internal and external audit team, as relates to CECL reporting and improvements.
- Provides support on the development of the comprehensive scenario analysis framework for risk and capital purposes, as needed.
- Assists in the development and update of:
- Methodology improvements
- Technical notes
- Procedural documentation
- Model risk management framework
- Other related documentation affected by CECL’s implementation (i.e., Long-term Expected Loss methodology)
- Provides support to other ORM special projects and initiatives (i.e., new sovereign rating model for CECL)
- Manages communications with external auditors, consultants, other internal and external resources involved in CECL or other special projects.
- Assists in preparing briefing notes/progress reports, memos, presentation materials, as required.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned as reflected in the incumbent’s work plan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, statistics/econometrics or related fields.
- At least 5 years of relevant banking experience in risk management, economic analysis. Credit risk experience is an advantage.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Advance Excel, Office 365, SharePoint, etc.).
- Strong project management and execution skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Good memo composition and editing skills.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Levels 6 and 7.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.