Intern - Public-Private Partnership Thematic Group Secretariat - 2323
Job Vacancy | Thursday, December 15, 2022
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"a. Assisting operational engagements with regional departments on PPP-related work, encompassing upstream (capacity building and knowledge-sharing) and downstream (project preparation and financing) activities. b. Supporting development and dissemination of PPP knowledge products and initiatives."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
a. Conduct research on PPP related topics that will support ADB’s PPP operations.
b. Support the implementation of the new PPP Directional Guidance Paper including mainstreaming of Value-for-Money (VfM) analysis in PPP operations.
c. Support development of PPP knowledge products including on-going technical assistance currently being implemented by PPP TGS.
PPP TGS engagements with operations and non-operations department is a dynamic, and the internship areas of focus and job description may change depending on evolving business needs.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
• Duration: 8 weeks (with a possibility of extension)
• Timing: June 2023
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines (or virtually, depending on prevailing travel restrictions)
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
Report on PPP knowledge topic agreed with the supervisor.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in MBA, MPA, Law, International Studies, Economics, Finance, Policy Management.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
At least 3 years of work experience working with private sector financial, commercial, or legal institution.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).