Intern - Lao Resident Mission - 2327
Job Vacancy | Thursday, December 15, 2022
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"Climate impacts of ADB’s agriculture and natural resource operations in Lao PDR: status and recommendations for improvement"
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
(i) review the literature on trends, projections and impacts of climate change in Lao PDR, with a focus on the agriculture and natural resource (ANR) sector;
(ii) review the Government’s NDC and relevant climate-related strategies for the ANR sector, as well as ADB’s relevant guidelines and guidance notes for ANR and climate change;
(iii) review the climate responsiveness and impacts of ADB’s ANR sector operations in Lao PDR since 2017, including climate finance, mitigation and adaptation across the portfolio, and prepare a database with this information;
(iv) based on ANR sector experiences since 2017, propose policies and activities that should be promoted in the future to improve climate mitigation and adaptation, and to increase access to climate finance, across the ANR sector.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
• Duration: 11 weeks
• Timing: June 2023
4. LOCATION: ADB Lao Resident Mission, Vientiane, Laos PDR (or virtually, depending on prevailing travel restrictions)
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
1. Analytical report which provides the following:
(i) evidence basis of ADB’s contribution to climate action in the ANR sector in Lao PDR since 2017;
(ii) recommended policies and activities that would enhance positive climate impacts across the ANR sector.
2. Presentation of the findings and recommendations in a LRM/SERD knowledge event.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in climate change, agriculture, natural resources management, environment
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Strong analytical skills on climate change, with a focus on climate mitigation and adaptation across the ANR sector;
Experience in analyzing climate impacts of ANR sector development projects.
Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).