Intern - Prevention and Compliance Division - 2330
Job Vacancy | Thursday, December 15, 2022
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"Research and analysis on features and capabilities of best-in-class case management systems to replicate in the IDD team’s case management system"
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
The intern will:
• Conduct research and identify features and capabilities of best-in-class case management systems used by comparable institutions.
• Understand the current capabilities of Quantum (OAI’s existing case management system) and identify potential enhancements for Quantum with the intent of enhancing its capabilities as a case repository to a comprehensive case and risk management tool.
• Work with internal (OAI) and external (ITD, developer) stakeholders on the development feasibility of the proposed enhancements.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
• Duration: 11 weeks
• Timing: June 2023
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines (or virtually, depending on prevailing travel restrictions)
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
Research paper, recommendation, and progress (if some enhancements are already underway) report on feasible development enhancements on Quantum to be a comprehensive case and risk management tool.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in Management, Risk Management, Development Management, Law, or other related disciplines.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Strong analytical skills;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, including the ability to clearly and concisely prepare, present, discuss issues, findings, and recommendations;
• Works effectively with internal and external stakeholders;
• Able to demonstrate facilitation and knowledge sharing skills, effective communication and exchange of knowledge and ideas; and
• Qualifications and experience in the fields of compliance, anti-money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism, customer due diligence, investigations, law, accounting, internal audit and/or criminology, or related fields, will be favorably considered.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).