Intern - Office of Professional Ethics and Conduct - 2331
Job Vacancy | Wednesday, January 4, 2023
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"Professional Ethics and Conduct"
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Assist in preparing preliminary assessment and analysis of cases for professional conduct advice by conducting research to establish facts and information in order to prepare for case reviews, and draft initial response for review.
- Review and analyze responses and guidance provided by the Office of Professional Ethics and Conduct with the view of harmonizing and consistently providing guidance to personnel.
- Assist in researching policies and rules as relevant to the specific cases
- Assist in following up on cases, including requests for additional information from sender and consultations with other Offices in the Bank.
- Support recording management of case data in the online case management software
- Assist in quantitative and qualitative analysis of cases received for advice and drafting a summary report on a monthly basis
Policy and development of tools:
- Assist in the research, review and analysis of existing policies and documents produced by the OPEC and other relevant units and draft inputs from the professional conduct perspectives (PSEA, ethical lapses prevention, Gift Policy) and in developing advocacy and promotional tools on various themes in ethics.
Training, outreach and communication:
- Assist in developing and implementing training and webinar activities for the Code of Conduct and other professional conduct topics such as conflict of interest
- Assist in developing communication materials (using CANVA or Prezi for instance)
- Assist in updating OPEC webpage in the intranet
- Perform other duties as required by the Office and provide debriefing and hand-over notes to the OPEC team and relevant colleagues at the end of the internship.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
• Duration: 8 weeks
• Timing: June 2023
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines (or virtually, depending on prevailing travel restrictions)
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
The intern will be assigned specific projects and provide support in the areas covered by the Office.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Currently enrolled in a Masters, PhD program or JD in Law, Ethics, Human Resources Management
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Relevant experience or interest the areas of conflict resolution, organizational management, development and ethics, corporate responsibility and/or corporate governance, employment law, human resources or other fields that demonstrate application of analytical skills with sound judgment.
• Experience or interest in handling of concerns relating to bullying, harassment, sexual harassment and/or retaliation.
• Ability to interact with other with the utmost diplomatic and professional manner at all times.
• Ability to balance multiple work priorities effectively and adapt priorities in any environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
• Emotional intelligence with excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to exercise sound and independent judgment, prudence and maturity.
• Ability to work with discretion in handling sensitive and confidential matters.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).