Intern - Risk Policy and Architecture Division - 2334
Job Vacancy | Wednesday, December 21, 2022
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"Risk models enhancement, risk policy updates"
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Intern will assist RMPA with the enhancement of risk models and development of risk management policies. She/he will also assist in the production of risk indicators and collecting data as required. Duties the intern will be expected to assist in:
• reviewing existing risk policies.
• developing supporting policy analysis including statistical simulations, benchmarking, backtesting, etc.
• reviewing existing models for enhancements.
• conducting required analysis and developing risk models in Excel / R / Python.
• presenting various outputs/options in relation to key risks identified.
• creating and formatting presentations and supporting documentation; and
• any other related tasks as requested
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
• Duration: 8 weeks (with a possibility of extension)
• Timing: June 2023
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines (or virtually, depending on prevailing travel restrictions)
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
Final report and presentation on the main findings, risk analysis results, policy drafts, proposals and recommendations.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in finance, applied financial mathematics, statistics, economics, or another quantitative area.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Knowledge of Finance and Banking
• Motivated, self-directed, and creative
• Be able to work in an international and multicultural environment
• Good in English, both spoken and written
• Skilled in MS Excel, R or Python
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).