Senior Treasury Assistant
Job Vacancy | Wednesday, January 25, 2023
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Client Solutions Division (TDCS) within the Treasury Department (TD). TD performs a strategic role in efficiently planning, mobilizing, and managing ADB’s finances, with the view of protecting ADB’s solid financial standing to enable the Bank to deliver on its developmental goals. TD defines ADB’s asset and liability management policies on liquidity income management, currency management, and loan pricing. It coordinates increases in ADB’s general capital and raises funds in capital markets. TD also manages ADB’s investment portfolio to ensure that the Bank’s liquidity requirements are met at all times.
TDCS is responsible for developing and delivering local currency funding solutions, strengthening TD’s client outreach, financial management and advisory services, and organizing knowledge-sharing forums and workshops.
The Senior Treasury Assistant will provide: (i) administrative support to Assistant Treasurer, TDCS and other International Staff (IS); (ii) organizational support to TDCS knowledge sharing initiatives; and (iii) various administrative functions.
The incumbent will report to Assistant Treasurer, TDCS and/or designated International Staff and senior National Staff.
• Ensures that all correspondences and documents for supervisor are prepared in compliance with ADB's standards. Independently composes and sends out routine letters and drafts more complex correspondences for supervisor’s signature.
• Ensures that all incoming and outgoing correspondence (emails, mail, official documents etc.) is timely distributed and assigned to respective people for reviews.
• Screens external/internal calls and answers queries.
• Ensures the effective coordination of supervisor's calendar and arranging appointments, meetings, travel and accommodation as specified by the supervisor and in accordance with ADB procedures.
• Arranges and liquidates mission travel for Assistant Treasurer, TDCS and other designated International Staff
• Prepares, reconciliates, and reports TDCS annual budget
• Comprehensively supports the administrative delivery of TD workshops and forums, including onsite event management
• Supports administrative work for ADB Financial Products workshops for staff
• Supports administrative work in formatting, editing, proof-reading, and finalizing Local Currency and Financial Products presentations, back-to-office reports (BTORs) and other reports/correspondences
• Maintains efficient and well-ordered records for all TDCS activities
• Ensures that office filing systems (both electronic in SharePoint and physical)is maintained and updated in accordance with an existing framework for easy retrieval.
• Provides back-up support to other administrative assistants.
• Maintains adequate stocks of office supplies as required.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned and reflected in the workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance or relevant fields.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Proficient in MS Office tools, including Outlook, Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Proficient in video-conferencing tools, including Teams, Zoom, Webex
- Experience in organizing and managing logistics of large-scale forums and workshops inside and outside of home country
- Ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds
- Experience working in a multilateral organization
- Good administrative and organizational skills, including business travel organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff level 5.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.