Associate Workplace Management Officer
Job Vacancy | Tuesday, November 21, 2023
SHARE THIS PAGE
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Workplace Management Unit within the Workplace and Hospitality Division (CSWH). CSWH is under the Corporate Services Department (CSD).
CSD manages the building, office space, facilities and delivers over 70 diverse corporate services essential for ADB's operation. It provides administrative support to ADB Management and staff and delivers quality products and services at an affordable cost. The office is headed by the Director General and supported by Division Directors who manage the respective business units.
CSWH manages the ADB Headquarters building and grounds operations and maintenance; space standards and design, setup, and alterations; workplace environmental and sustainability standards; building and space renovation and construction projects; and workplace hospitality services (events services, food and beverage services, and other staff amenities and personal commercial services). These services are provided under the following CSWH key functions: Workplace Space, Workplace Hospitality, Workplace Operations, Workplace Projects, and Governance.
The Space Team within Workplace Management unit (CSWH-WM) is responsible for the master-space planning and inventory management, scenario-modelling, blocking & stacking, specifications & documentation (functional, ergonomics and technical), standards, assignment, and utilization. Key design related activities include interior architectural design principles, specifications and guidelines for office spaces, overall workplace features (styles, look & feel, colors, etc.), functional work-setting types, workplace products (furniture, fixtures, artwork, etc.), and branding and environmental graphics. Also included are the physical rollout, implementation, and ongoing alterations of these programs, plans and designs.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Associate Workplace Management Officer will, in compliance with internal controls and guidelines, coordinate, supervise and manage the planning, architectural/engineering (A&E) design, and construction of site and building capital projects at ADB Headquarters (HQ) and Field Offices (FO), as needed. The incumbent will report to designated International Staff and may supervise Administrative Staff.
• Carries out consultations with clients to define and document project requirements/scope.
• Conducts feasibility studies and drafts proposals (terms of reference, requirements assessment, proposals, scoping, test-fits, concept layouts and designs, technical assessments for design and construction, cost options, etc.) for assigned space plans, design, alterations, and construction projects.
• Monitors the recording and updating of full, accurate, and reliable inventory of spaces and related products such as furniture and signage.
• Oversees and coordinates activities for establishing and sustaining a suitable space master plan for the headquarters building/site, and associated space and design standards and moves management.
• Reviews and assesses space plans, design specifications, and cost estimates as they are created and drafted by the assigned designer and/or general contractor, and coordinates reviews with stakeholders.
• Examines and validates final detailed design, construction drawings, and specifications to verify adequacy of information and compliance with ADB’s requirements, scope, specifications, standards, contractual obligations, and regulatory codes.
• Conducts design-stage reviews of and seeks active approvals from ADB’s Operations & Maintenance team related to all building infrastructure, systems, and grounds components.
• Supervises design development and project implementation assistants and oversees work and submittals by third party service providers, contracted trades, and specialists.
• Evaluates and recommends changes to design specifications and building construction methods.
• Evaluates and certifies contractors' claims for payment, variation requests, punch listing, and other contractual documents; advises of any variation in work and anticipated underrun/overrun of budget and reasons thereof.
• Conducts timely Quality Assurance Quality Control checks of project work on a regular basis to ensure design development and construction are per agreed scope, quality, schedule, and budget.
• Leads in obtaining permits and approval of authorities for the design, installation and operation of various facilities and equipment including handling, directing and preparing memos, correspondences and other related communications.
• Conducts regular site inspections to validate accuracy of space records, assignments, and utilization, and reviews any variations with impacted/relevant clients and/or service providers.
• Evaluates performance of the design and construction service providers against the service level agreement and work performance statement.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s work plan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in architecture or similar field; Registered Professional Architect ideal; preferably with advanced training or certification in Project Management.
• At least 6 years work experience in space planning, design and construction, and Project Management, in an office building/headquarters environment.
• Excellent space planning/architectural knowledge, skills, and problem-solving skills.
• Awareness of the application of quality management tools in Building Facilities and Services.
• Strong interpersonal skills in managing stakeholder relationships and expectations.
• Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD, Archibus, and MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
• Skills to oversee and guide work of other junior staff or contractors.
• Skills in dealing with service contractors and the ability to interact with senior officers of various agencies/organizations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with competent presentation skills.
• Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for National Staff level 1.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.