Associate Workplace Management Coordinator
Job Vacancy | Wednesday, November 8, 2023
SHARE THIS PAGE
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Workplace Management Unit within the Workplace and Hospitality Division (CSWH). CSWH is under the Corporate Services Department (CSD).
CSD manages the building, office space facilities, and delivers over 70 diverse corporate services essential for ADB's operation. It provides administrative support to ADB Management and staff and delivers quality products and services at an affordable cost. The office is headed by the Director General and supported by Division Directors who manage the respective business units.
The Space Team within Workplace Management unit (CSWH-WM) is responsible for the master-space planning and inventory management, scenario-modelling, blocking & stacking, specifications & documentation (functional, ergonomics and technical), standards, assignment, and utilization. Key design related activities include interior architectural design principles, specifications and guidelines for office spaces, overall workplace features (styles, look & feel, colors, etc.), functional work-setting types, workplace products (furniture, fixtures, artwork, etc.), and branding and environmental graphics. Also included are the physical rollout, implementation, and ongoing alterations of these programs, plans and designs.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Associate Workplace Management Coordinator will, in compliance with internal and industry controls, guidelines and codes, assist the Space and Design Team in innovating and managing ADB's space portfolio and workplace design and implementations at Headquarters. The incumbent will assist in the deployment of the space and design standards and their ongoing alteration works and coordinate and monitor associated quality assurance and controls and costs (administrative and capital expenditure) in carrying out their assigned functional programs and/or implementation projects. The incumbent will also, as guided, work in close liaison with CSWH’s capital projects, operations, governance, and hospitality teams, as well as leading engagements and partnerships with 3rd party professional firms for design, planning, and construction work. The incumbent will report to the designated International Staff and senior National Staff.
• Follows all related industry best-practice functional, technical and program management guidance, as guided by the Supervisor.
• Coordinates with the designated team and supervisor in capturing of stakeholder requirements for and the development of optimal, flexible, and sustainable solutions for HQ master space planning and office space and occupancy; space programming reviews and scenario modelling for the HQ.
• Prepares and coordinates with the team on development of and documentation of standards and assignments for ADB’s workplace space, design, and products (e.g. furniture, signage); and assisting engagements with 3rd party specialist firms, as required.
• Provides support and coordination in various functional and technical input and validation processes related to feasibility & compliance activities, detailed design, specification & bid documentation, and related procurement processes for various alteration projects and product sourcing – to ensure consistency of adoption of space planning and design guidelines and compliance.
• Provides input in activities related to administering contracts, budgets, and monitoring progress of implementation, to ensure compliance with plans and specifications.
• Coordinates the establishment and updating of applicable code requirements (international & local) as a reference base for architects and engineers at ADB.
• Supports the Space Team and functional and project managers in engaging internal stakeholders and verifiesverifies related change processes for the adoption of established and newly developed standards and guidelines.
• Reviews and delivers all assigned program and project activities and work-streams to ensure meeting their agreed scope, schedule, budgets, and stakeholder experience.
• Monitors and coordinates operational/onsite activities related to vendor management and performance of contracted 3rd party service providers.
• Monitors the effective coordination of Space Team related purchase ordering and financial billing and invoicing transactions.
• Provides clear and timely reporting to the Supervisor and other stakeholders, as well as maintains effective collaboration with all team members.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
• Bachelor's Degree in architecture, engineering, business management or other related disciplines.
• At least 5 years of work experience in a relevant field especially in space planning and management and related projects.
• Strong coordination and interpersonal skills in interfacing with and building good working relationships with stakeholders including clients, partner/support departments, and 3rd party service providers, including monitoring of performance and satisfaction levels.
• Proven ability to multi-task, work independently, and work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds.
• Familiarity with industry best practices related to operational and administrative procedures and managing data.
• Strong working knowledge and experience of computer tools and applications used in management and planning of space e.g., process diagrams, project scheduling gant charts, AutoCAD, Archibus, and MS PowerPoint and Excel for data analytics and reporting.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with competent presentation skills.
• Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Level 6.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.