IT Specialist (User Services)
Job Vacancy | Monday, November 20, 2023
SHARE THIS PAGE
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the IT Finance and User Services Division (ITFS) within the Information Technology Department (ITD). ITD enables ADB’s digital agenda and supports the Bank’s global operations. The department delivers digital innovation, IT infrastructure, services and solutions, and provides tools and knowledge platforms.
ITFS manages the key administrative functions that support the day-to-day business of ITD including IT budget and finance; IT investment management and reporting; strategic IT procurement; and vendor, outsourcing, and asset management. It is also responsible for maximizing the value of IT for the end users through effective user support and continuous learning on digital technologies to increase end-user productivity.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The IT Specialist (User Services) will be at the forefront of leading and scaling ADB’s IT service desk globally, integrating IT support services across ADB headquarters and 40+ field offices in Asia and the Pacific. The incumbent will be responsible for a range of services that enable our growing 6000+ user base to be more mobile and productive anytime, anywhere. The incumbent will be joining at an exciting time as ADB is advancing the maturity and resilience of critical user services – IT service desk, office printing facilities, and provisioning of all end-user computing devices.
The incumbent will utilize his/her leadership skills to develop and evolve a distributed, multi-cultural team. He/She will work closely with IT divisions, IT project managers, business systems owners, and third-party service providers to ensure that the IT Department provides agile, intuitive, user-centric support services. The role requires strong technical, customer service, and IT service management knowledge that will be applied to driving continuous improvement and promoting a modern workplace.
The incumbent will report to Director, ITFS and will supervise National and Administrative Staff.
- Develop and execute an ADB IT service desk global strategy, global service delivery model, and roadmap – leveraging outsourcing, managed services and a shift-left approach.
- Mature the capabilities of user services by defining procedures, setting service standards, establishing service level agreements and operational level agreements, defining key performance indicators and dashboards, and formalizing a continuous improvement program.
- Improve overall quality and performance of IT support services delivered to the ADB’s workforce in the field (travelers, staff working outside of duty station, IT users based in the Field Offices, etc).
- Coordinate with ITD teams, ADB Facilities Management and other relevant units to synchronize ITD’s Field Office activities related to Level 1 IT Support, planning and provisioning for expansion/relocation/closure, Adoption and Change Management (ACM) activities, and end-user training.
- Implement a service transition framework for introducing, modifying, and retiring IT support services resulting from business or technology changes and enhancements. This covers an early life support (ELS) model to transition projects to business-as-usual operations, including criteria to assess and determine the appropriate level of IT support. As part of this, the incumbent will be expected to contribute to project business cases to reflect IT service desk and ELS perspectives.
- Work closely with the ACM team in (i) designing and implementing programs to promote digital fitness and self-service culture of ADB workforce, and (ii) streamlining overlaps between IT service desk and ACM when it comes to delivering user assistance and creating knowledge base content.
- Engage relevant business stakeholders and ITD teams (application development, project management, infrastructure and engineering, etc.) to design intuitive, user-centric products and services. Prioritize changes to pipeline and existing services using IT service desk trends and other research as evidence, where needed.
- Manage the teams responsible for provisioning end-user computing devices (laptops, desktops, mobile phones, tablets, printers and other peripherals, and accessories). Work with ITD and ADB Fixed Assets teams to establish a common inventory for all end-user computing devices. Measure and report on impact of improvements to user experience.
- Establish definitions, terms of reference, and roles and responsibilities for delivering and supporting the ADB Annual Meeting and other large events (whether onsite or online) in collaboration with ITD and ADB Events Management teams. Plan and implement necessary changes to ITD service delivery model. Oversee VIP events.
- Lead, coach, and mentor a multi-cultural team of IT professionals and third-party service providers.
- Compile weekly, quarterly, and annual reports on service performance and quality. Regularly present highlights, trends, and key recommendations.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Master’s degree in Information Technology or related fields. Alternatively, a university degree and at least 5 years specialized experience relevant to the position can be considered.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience working in an IT service delivery/operations environment. 5 years of which must be in leadership capacity. International experience working in several countries.
- Led IT service desk maturity projects.
- Managed a 24x7 IT service desk for an international organization, serving multiple locations and time zones.
- Experience managing the delivery of contracted outsourced IT services such as IT service desk, end user computing, field services, network operations, applications, or infrastructure.
- Knowledgeable with ServiceNow IT Service Management modules.
- Experience working with Artificial Intelligence, Robotic Process Automation, Natural Language Understanding, or chat bots applied in an IT service desk environment preferred.
- Experience supporting internal customers.
- Demonstrated process development and management skills.
- Proven ability to effectively lead and develop multi-cultural, geographically distributed teams of internal employees and third-party service providers.
- Must possess excellent business writing and verbal communication skills in English.
- Must be ITIL-certified or possess other relevant IT service management certification.
- Knowledge in change management best practice preferred.
- Experience in banking or government sectors preferred.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for IS4.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.