Armenia and ADB
In the Spotlight
Micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises play a critical role in the empowerment and economic freedom of women in Armenia, who are increasingly becoming agents of growth for the country's economy.
ADB Trade Finance Program (TFP) held its second TFP Bank Twinning program in Central Asia between Ameriabank from Armenia and Hamkorbank from Uzbekistan.
ADB is supporting Armenia in its effort to expand its private sector, diversify its economy, cut red tape, and gain access to new markets, says Shane Rosenthal, ADB's Country Director for Armenia.
The overarching goal of ADB's country partnership strategy, 2014–2018 for Armenia is to help integrate its economy into the region, and to rebalance it toward more resilient, inclusive, and environmentally sustainable growth. Efforts to realize these goals include improving domestic and cross-border transport links, upgrading secondary towns based on integrated urban development plans, and improving the country’s energy security.
Projects in Armenia
- Analysis of Economic Opportunities Associated with Armenia’s New Trade Regime
- Enhancing Project Readiness and Implementation in Central and West Asia
- Strengthening Financial Management in Asia and the Pacific, Phase 2
- Support and Validation of Seismic Safety Improvement Program Indicators
- Asian Development Outlook 2019–2021