Armenia and ADB
In the Spotlight
Futures studies seek to help governments better understand the processes of change, anticipate uncertainties and possible disruptions, and create wiser preferred futures. This innovative practice offers a new vision for urban development in Armenia.
Micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises play a critical role in the empowerment and economic freedom of women in Armenia, who are increasingly becoming agents of growth for the country's economy.
The overarching goal of ADB's country partnership strategy, 2014–2018 for Armenia is to help integrate its economy into the region, and to rebalance it toward more resilient, inclusive, and environmentally sustainable growth. Efforts to realize these goals include improving domestic and cross-border transport links, upgrading secondary towns based on integrated urban development plans, and improving the country’s energy security.
Projects in Armenia
- Supporting Diagnostic Assessment of Public Financial Management
- Analysis of Economic Opportunities Associated with Armenia’s New Trade Regime
- Enhancing Project Readiness and Implementation in Central and West Asia
- Strengthening Financial Management in Asia and the Pacific, Phase 2
- Support and Validation of Seismic Safety Improvement Program Indicators
- Public Efficiency and Financial Markets Program (Subprogram 2)
- Public Efficiency and Financial Markets Program (Subprogram 1)
- Second Water Supply and Sanitation Sector Project
- Infrastructure Sustainability Support Program (Phase 2)
- Asian Development Outlook 2016-2018 - Asian Development Outlook 2017 (Subproject 2)