Armenia and ADB
In the Spotlight
ADB Trade Finance Program (TFP) held its second TFP Bank Twinning program in Central Asia between Ameriabank from Armenia and Hamkorbank from Uzbekistan.
ADB is supporting Armenia in its effort to expand its private sector, diversify its economy, cut red tape, and gain access to new markets, says Shane Rosenthal, ADB's Country Director for Armenia.
ADB signed a $32 million loan agreement with a leading food producer and exporter in Armenia to help the company expand greenhouse operations and increase exports.
The overarching goal of ADB's country partnership strategy, 2014–2018 for Armenia is to help integrate its economy into the region, and to rebalance it toward more resilient, inclusive, and environmentally sustainable growth. Efforts to realize these goals include improving domestic and cross-border transport links, upgrading secondary towns based on integrated urban development plans, and improving the country’s energy security.
Projects in Armenia
- Strengthening Financial Management in Asia and the Pacific, Phase 2
- Support and Validation of Seismic Safety Improvement Program Indicators
- Public Efficiency and Financial Markets Program (Subprogram 2)
- Asian Development Outlook 2019–2021
- Supporting Knowledge Solutions in Central and West Asian Countries
- Public Efficiency and Financial Markets Program (Subprogram 1)
- Second Water Supply and Sanitation Sector Project
- Infrastructure Sustainability Support Program (Phase 2)
- Infrastructure Sustainability Support Program, Phase 2
- Asian Development Outlook 2016-2018 - Asian Development Outlook 2016 (Subproject 1)