Azerbaijan and ADB
In the Spotlight
This paper discusses the status of financial inclusion, education, and literacy in Azerbaijan as well as measures to foster the development of small and medium-sized enterprises, which currently have inadequate access to financial resources.
This publication compiles the best practices for the introduction and development of road asset management based on a desk review of the experiences in the 11 member countries of the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Program, including Azerbaijan.
ADB Approves $400 Million to Support Azerbaijan's Rail Sector, Modernize North-South Railway Corridor
ADB's Board of Directors has approved two loans totaling $400 million to help strengthen Azerbaijan’s railway sector and modernize and rehabilitate the Sumgayit–Yalama rail line, a key link in the North–South Railway Corridor.
Azerbaijan’s gross national income per capita has increased approximately tenfold in a decade and a half. This robust growth has been largely driven by the extraction and processing of fossil fuels, along with high levels of public expenditure.
The ADB country partnership strategy, 2014–2018 for Azerbaijan aims to diversify the economy, foster new economic opportunities, promote inclusive growth, and reduce disparities between urban and rural areas.
Azerbaijan is a member of the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Program.
Projects in the Azerbaijan
- Promoting Investments and Economic Growth in Central and West Asia, East Asia, and South Asia Subregions
- Floating Solar Energy Development
- Implementing the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation 2030 Strategy for Sustainable Regional Development
- Supporting Social Safeguards in the Central and West Asia Region
- Supporting Environmental Safeguards in the Central and West Asia Region
- Water Supply and Sanitation Investment Program - Tranche 4 (Additional Financing)
- Asian Development Outlook 2016-2018 - Asian Development Outlook 2016 (Subproject 1)
- Proposed Senior Loan to DemirBank for Supporting Micro, Small, and Medium-Sized Enterprises
- Preparing an Enabling Environment for Private Sector Participation in the Power Sector
- Asian Development Outlook 2015