Azerbaijan and ADB
In the Spotlight
ADB has approved a new 5-year Country Partnership Strategy (CPS) for Azerbaijan that lays out ADB’s support for the country’s goal of achieving a more diversified, resilient, inclusive, and sustainable economy.
This publication helps guide investment planning and financing across key urban infrastructure sectors of Azerbaijan to improve the performance of cities—with a focus on economy, equity, and environment.
This paper discusses the status of financial inclusion, education, and literacy in Azerbaijan as well as measures to foster the development of small and medium-sized enterprises, which currently have inadequate access to financial resources.
Azerbaijan’s gross national income per capita has increased approximately tenfold in a decade and a half. This robust growth has been largely driven by the extraction and processing of fossil fuels, along with high levels of public expenditure.
The cross-cutting priorities mainstreamed in the strategic pillars of the country partnership strategy (CPS), 2019-2023 are: accelerating progress in gender equality; tackling climate change and enhancing environmental sustainability; fostering regional cooperation and integration; strengthening governance and institutional capacity; and promoting public-private partnerships.
Azerbaijan is a member of the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Program.
Projects in the Azerbaijan
- Strengthening Tax Policy and Administration Capacity
- Sustainable Tourism Development in the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Region
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation: Knowledge Sharing and Services in Transport and Transport Facilitation (Phase 2)
- Implementing the Integrated Trade Agenda in the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Program
- Enhancing Project Readiness and Implementation in Central and West Asia
- Improving Governance and Public Sector Efficiency Program (Subprogram 1)
- Water Supply and Sanitation Investment Program - Tranche 4 (Additional Financing)
- Asian Development Outlook 2016-2018 - Asian Development Outlook 2017 (Subproject 2)
- Railway Sector Development Program
- Asian Development Outlook 2016-2018 - Asian Development Outlook 2016 (Subproject 1)