Bangladesh: Projects and Results
Latest Project Results and Case Studies
Cassava Recipe for Farming Success in BangladeshADB's partnership with food company PRAN-RFL helps expand contract farming, make cassava an attractive crop, and build the agribusiness sector.
Making Health Care Affordable for the Urban Poor in BangladeshMaternity clinics run under a public–private partnership are making quality health care a reality in Dhaka’s slum communities.
Flower Power in BangladeshHundreds of thousands of small farmers in Bangladesh are shifting their fields to high value crops like fruit and flowers to meet growing demand and leave subsistence farming behind.
Women in Charge of Urban Growth in BangladeshEmpowered women are taking the lead in bringing much needed urban improvements in pourashavas, or secondary towns, in Bangladesh.
Testing Front Line Solutions to Climate Disasters in BangladeshAfter two devastating cyclones in three years, Bangladesh is building climate resilient homes, improving water quality and shifting to clean energy to counter climate related disasters.
Transforming Poor Communities, Changing Lives in BangladeshA pioneering ADB project has transformed lives in Bangladesh by building infrastructure, improving health and education services, and empowering local businesses and residents - especially women.
Improved Teaching Methods Help Secondary Students in Bangladesh Learn BetterBangladesh is reforming its secondary education sector by focusing on teacher training, improving student's learning output, and promoting a positive classroom environment.
Urban Health Project Reaches Out to Dhaka’s PoorA maternity clinic run under a public-private partnership provides a model for delivering primary health care to the urban poor in Bangladesh.
Transforming Bangladesh Primary EducationNew teaching methods, increased student participation, and reward schemes for parents are helping Bangladesh modernize its vast primary education sector.
Empowering Women in Bangladesh, Nepal, and the PhilippinesThree women share how their lives have been changed as beneficiaries of and contributors to the success of development projects aimed at the most vulnerable in society.
- Third Public-Private Infrastructure Development Facility-Tranche 2
- Regional Power Generation and Transmission Project (formerly Energy Efficiency Improvement Project II)
- Market and Value Chain Infrastructure Development Project
- Second City Region Development Project
- Rural Connectivity Improvement Project
- Urban Primary Health Care Services Delivery Project - Additional Financing
- Supporting Knowledge Solutions for New Development Strategies in South Asia
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation Regional Energy Cooperation
- Implementing Trade Facilitation Initiatives under the South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation Program
- Institutionalizing Gender Equality Practices in the Local Government Engineering Department