Fiji and ADB
In the Spotlight
Learn more about the vibrant economy and people of Fiji, host of the 52nd Annual Meeting of the Asian Development Bank in May 2019.
Investments in basic services must be complemented by policy and regulatory reforms as well as capacity development to support a shift towards more commercially viable utilities in the Pacific, says the latest issue of the ADB Pacific Economic Monitor.
Tourism in the Pacific is increasing and will be a key driver of economic growth in the coming decade. Yet despite more visitors to the Pacific, tourism growth is not inevitable for all countries in the region.
Consistent with the priorities of successive governments, ADB engagement in Fiji has focused on promoting inclusive economic growth and poverty reduction. Strides have been made toward these goals through direct investments in transport and urban water and sanitation infrastructure, and proposed investment in energy and public sector management.
The country partnership strategy for 2014–2018 aims to raise Fiji’s growth potential by encouraging private investment, make growth more inclusive, improve service delivery, and reduce volatility and build resilience.
Projects in Fiji
No projects in this category were found.
- Asian Development Outlook 2019–2021
- Revitalization of Informal Settlements and their Environments using a Water-Sensitive Approach
- Enhancing ADB’s Support for Social Protection to Achieve the Sustainable Development Goals
- Sustained Private Sector-Led Growth Reform Program (Subprogram 1)
- Support for Fiji’s Ministry of Civil Service