Fiji and ADB
In the Spotlight
Fiji and ADB are working together to recover from one of the strongest storms on record. It is just the latest effort in a long partnership that has built roads, improved water supply and sanitation, and provided reliable electricity.
Pacific economies are looking to overcome their remoteness through telecommunications technology, improved transport networks, and greater private investment and competition, says a new ADB report.
Fiji's newly revised sector policy sets the target of 99% renewable energy generation by 2030, and a 100% electrification rate by 2020.
Consistent with the priorities of successive governments, ADB engagement in Fiji has focused on promoting inclusive economic growth and poverty reduction. Strides have been made toward these goals through direct investments in transport and urban water and sanitation infrastructure, and proposed investment in energy and public sector management.
The country partnership strategy for 2014–2018 aims to raise Fiji’s growth potential by encouraging private investment, make growth more inclusive, improve service delivery, and reduce volatility and build resilience.
Projects in Fiji
No projects in this category were found.
- Urban Water Supply and Wastewater Management Investment Program, Tranche 1
- Urban Water Supply and Wastewater Management Investment Program
- Emergency Assistance for Recovery from Tropical Cyclone Winston
- Project Design Advance Urban Water Supply and Wastewater Management Project
- Support for Energy Sector Regulatory Capacity and Electrification Investment Planning