India and ADB
In the Spotlight
Ilkal in the southern Indian state of Karnataka is the first town in the country to receive clean water 24/7 over its entire territory thanks to an innovative water supply project involving the private sector.
Rajasthan’s economic prospects are set to rise as growth bottlenecks in its cities are cleared and public services improved.
ADB supports India’s vision of faster, inclusive, and sustainable growth. The latest country brief captures the core of ADB's operations in India and showcases select interventions that are helping the government achieve its development goals.
The Country Partnership Strategy (CPS), 2018–2022 for India aims to support the government’s goal of faster, inclusive, and sustainable growth accompanied by rapid economic transformation and job creation. The new CPS articulates ADB assistance through the three strategic pillars: boosting economic competitiveness to create more and better jobs, providing inclusive access to infrastructure networks and services, and addressing climate change and increasing climate resilience. ADB’s annual lending to India is proposed to be raised to a maximum of $4 billion to support the country’s transformation toward upper middle-income status.
The country operations business plan (COBP), 2018–2020 aims to support the government’s endeavor towards achieving faster, inclusive and sustainable growth through programs supporting the provision of inclusive access to infrastructure, boosting competitiveness and job creation, and helping address climate change issues.
India is a member of the South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC) program.
Projects in India
- Karnataka Integrated Urban Water Management Investment Program-Tranche 2
- Promoting Investments and Economic Growth in Central and West Asia, East Asia, and South Asia Subregions
- Infrastructure Development Investment Program for Tourism-Tranche 4
- Tamil Nadu Urban Flagship Investment Program - Tranche 1
- Madhya Pradesh Skills Development Project
- Rajasthan Renewable Energy Transmission Investment Program - Tranche 2
- Interstate Natural Gas Pipeline Investment Program
- Supporting Skill Development in Himachal Pradesh
- Asian Development Outlook 2016-2018 - Asian Development Outlook 2016 (Subproject 1)
- Preparing the Solar Park Development and Transmission Sector Project