India and ADB
In the Spotlight
ADB has approved $631 million in loans and grants to develop the first part of India's East Coast Economic Corridor that will create seamless trade links with other parts of South and Southeast Asia.
Gearing Up for Competitiveness: The Role of Planning, Governance, and Finance in Small and Medium-sized Cities in South Asia
Local government must play a proactive role in supporting a city’s economic strength, by driving local economic development planning, understanding its role in the region, and aligning its development policies, plans, and investments.
ADB seeks your input on the Use of the Power Grid Corporation of India’s Environment and Social Policy and Procedures. The online consultation period is open from 5 August 2016 to 19 August 2016.
ADB supports India’s vision of faster, inclusive, and sustainable growth. The latest Development Effectiveness Brief captures the core of ADB's operations in India and showcases select interventions that are helping the government achieve its development goals.
ADB assistance supports the Government of India’s evolving priorities. ADB’s country partnership strategy, 2013-2017 for India aims to support the government’s Twelfth Five-Year Plan priorities of “faster, more inclusive, and sustainable growth.” In line with the government’s guiding principle that multilateral development partners add value beyond tangible investments, ADB builds in innovations and best practices in project design and implementation.
Projects in India
- Visakhapatnam–Chennai Industrial Corridor Development Program
- Kolkata Environmental Improvement Investment Program - Tranche 2
- Strengthening Climate Change Resilience in Urban India - Strengthening Smart Water Management and Urban Climate Change Resilience in Tamil Nadu (Subproject 1)
- Bihar New Ganga Bridge Project
- Climate Adaptation in Vennar Subbasin in Cauvery Delta Project
- Support to Scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries
- Supporting Sustainable Urban Transport in Aizawl City
- Advanced Project Preparedness for Poverty Reduction - Project Preparation and Implementation Support for Odisha Power Sector Emergency Assistance (Subproject 31)
- Madhya Pradesh District Connectivity Sector Project
- Supporting Additional Skill Acquisition Program in Kerala