India and ADB
In the Spotlight
A fast-growing solar power industry in India's Rajasthan will soon be transmitting up to 8,000MW of renewable energy to the national grid. A $800 million program is supporting this effort.
ADB has approved a multitranche financing facility (MFF) worth up to $500 million for an investment program to help improve connectivity as well as transport efficiency and safety on state highways of Rajasthan in northern India.
The India country operations business plan (COBP), 2017–2019 contributes to the three strategic pillars of the country partnership strategy: inclusive growth, environmentally sustainable growth, and regional cooperation and integration.
ADB supports India’s vision of faster, inclusive, and sustainable growth. The latest Development Effectiveness Brief captures the core of ADB's operations in India and showcases select interventions that are helping the government achieve its development goals.
ADB assistance supports India’s evolving priorities. The country partnership strategy, 2013–2017 for India aims to support the government’s Twelfth Five-Year Plan priorities of “faster, more inclusive, and sustainable growth.” In line with the government’s guiding principle that multilateral development partners add value beyond tangible investments, ADB builds in innovations and best practices in project design and implementation.
The country operations business plan, 2017–2019 reflects a continued finetuning of the ADB program in support of the government’s priority areas and flagship initiatives.
India is a member of the South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC) program.
Projects in India
- Second West Bengal Development Finance Program
- Assam Integrated Flood and Riverbank Erosion Risk Management Investment Program - Project 2
- Sustainable Coastal Protection and Management Investment Program - Tranche 2
- Himachal Pradesh Skills Development Project
- Madhya Pradesh Irrigation Efficiency Improvement Project
- Accelerating Infrastructure Investment Facility in India - Tranche 2
- Support to Scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries
- Supporting Sustainable Urban Transport in Aizawl City
- Karnataka State Highways Improvement III Project
- Advanced Project Preparedness for Poverty Reduction - Project Preparation and Implementation Support for Odisha Power Sector Emergency Assistance (Subproject 31)