Kyrgyz Republic and ADB
In the Spotlight
The Kyrgyz Republic joined ADB in 1994 and the bank has since approved 44 loans ($1.2 billion) and 40 grants ($662 million) from the Asian Development Fund (ADF) as well as 6 grants ($7.5 million) from Japan Fund for Poverty Reduction. ADB has also financed 104 technical assistance projects ($60.2 million).
This study seeks to assess the potential of the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Program as a platform to promote a regional approach to tourism development.
This manual provides practical information about roadside hazard management strategy for Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) countries. It details how each step in the strategy can help to improve roadside safety.
This country brief presents how ADB's operations in the Kyrgyz Republic help improve people's lives in the country and the challenges ADB and the country face in pursuing agreed development goals.
In recent years, the Kyrgyz Republic has maintained a strong development agenda to reduce poverty through inclusive economic growth.
With the support of ADB, the government has sought to reform legal and regulatory frameworks, improve the country’s business environment, make affordable finance available to all, improve the reliability of electricity services, and allow the people to become more employable.
The ADB country partnership strategy, 2013–2017 supports the objectives of the Kyrgyz Republic’s National Sustainable Development Strategy, 2013–2017, aiming to remove key constraints to growth and expand access to economic opportunities.
The Kyrgyz Republic is a member of the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Program.
Projects in Kyrgyz Republic
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Corridors 1 and 3 Bishkek Northern Bypass Road Project
- Landslide Risk Management Sector Project
- Sustainable Tourism Development in the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Region
- Promoting Economic Diversification Program (Subprogram 1)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation: Knowledge Sharing and Services in Transport and Transport Facilitation (Phase 2)
- Preparing the Landslide Risk Management Sector Project
- Uch-Kurgan Hydropower Plant Modernization Project (formerly Energy Sector Project)
- Regional Cooperation on Increasing Cross-Border Energy Trading within the Central Asian Power System - Provision of Solutions to Bottlenecks to the Regional Power Trade (Subproject 2)
- Implementing the Integrated Trade Agenda in the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Program
- Regional Cooperation on Increasing Cross-Border Energy Trading within the Central Asian Power System - Modernization of Coordinating Dispatch Center Energiya (Subproject 1)
- Second Investment Climate Improvement Program (Subprogram 3)
- Skilling and Entrepreneurship for Inclusive Growth Sector Development Program
- Asian Development Outlook 2016-2018 - Asian Development Outlook 2017 (Subproject 2)
- Second Investment Climate Improvement Program (Subprogram 2)
- Asian Development Outlook 2016-2018 - Asian Development Outlook 2016 (Subproject 1)