Kyrgyz Republic and ADB
In the Spotlight
This manual provides practical information about roadside hazard management strategy for Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) countries. It details how each step in the strategy can help to improve roadside safety.
ADB Vice-President Wencai Zhang reaffirmed ADB’s long-term partnership with the Kyrgyz Republic and commitment to support its economic development during his 2-day visit to the country.
This country brief presents how ADB's operations in the Kyrgyz Republic help improve people's lives in the country and the challenges ADB and the country face in pursuing agreed development goals.
In recent years, the Kyrgyz Republic has maintained a strong development agenda to reduce poverty through inclusive economic growth.
With the support of ADB, the government has sought to reform legal and regulatory frameworks, improve the country’s business environment, make affordable finance available to all, improve the reliability of electricity services, and allow the people to become more employable.
The ADB country partnership strategy, 2013–2017 supports the objectives of the Kyrgyz Republic’s National Sustainable Development Strategy, 2013–2017, aiming to remove key constraints to growth and expand access to economic opportunities.
The Kyrgyz Republic is a member of the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Program.
Projects in Kyrgyz Republic
- Uch-Kurgan Hydropower Plant Modernization Project (formerly Energy Sector Project)
- Implementing Integrated Trade Agenda in CAREC
- Almaty-Bishkek Economic Corridor: Modern Agriculture Wholesale Market Development Project
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Corridors 1 and 3 Bishkek Northern Bypass Road Project
- Promoting Economic Diversification Program (Subprogram 1)
- Enhancing Project Readiness and Implementation in Central and West Asia
- Almaty-Bishkek Economic Corridor: Preparing the Modern Agriculture Wholesale Market Development Project
- Regional Cooperation on Increasing Cross-Border Energy Trading within the Central Asian Power System
- Climate Change and Disaster-Resilient Water Resources Sector Project
- Issyk-Kul Wastewater Management Project
- Second Investment Climate Improvement Program (Subprogram 3)
- Second Investment Climate Improvement Program (Subprogram 2)
- Asian Development Outlook 2016-2018 - Asian Development Outlook 2016 (Subproject 1)
- Second Investment Climate Improvement Program (Subprogram 1)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Corridors 1 and 3 Connector Road Project Design Advance