Kyrgyz Republic and ADB
In the Spotlight
This manual provides practical information about roadside hazard management strategy for Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) countries. It details how each step in the strategy can help to improve roadside safety.
ADB Vice-President Wencai Zhang reaffirmed ADB’s long-term partnership with the Kyrgyz Republic and commitment to support its economic development during his 2-day visit to the country.
This country brief presents how ADB's operations in the Kyrgyz Republic help improve people's lives in the country and the challenges ADB and the country face in pursuing agreed development goals.
In recent years, the Kyrgyz Republic has maintained a strong development agenda to reduce poverty through inclusive economic growth.
With the support of ADB, the government has sought to reform legal and regulatory frameworks, improve the country’s business environment, make affordable finance available to all, improve the reliability of electricity services, and allow the people to become more employable.
The ADB country partnership strategy, 2013–2017 supports the objectives of the Kyrgyz Republic’s National Sustainable Development Strategy, 2013–2017, aiming to remove key constraints to growth and expand access to economic opportunities.
The Kyrgyz Republic is a member of the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Program.
Projects in Kyrgyz Republic
- Uch-Kurgan Hydropower Plant Modernization Project (formerly Energy Sector Project)
- Climate Change and Disaster-Resilient Water Resources Sector Project
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Corridors 1 and 3 Connector Road Project (Phase 2)-Additional Financing
- Asian Development Outlook 2019-2021 (Cluster TA)
- Issyk-Kul Wastewater Management Project
- Promoting Investments and Economic Growth in Central and West Asia, East Asia, and South Asia Subregions
- CAREC Corridor 3 (Bishkek–Osh Road) Improvement Project, Phase 4
- Floating Solar Energy Development
- Implementing the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation 2030 Strategy for Sustainable Regional Development
- Supporting Social Safeguards in the Central and West Asia Region
- Second Investment Climate Improvement Program (Subprogram 2)
- Asian Development Outlook 2016-2018 - Asian Development Outlook 2016 (Subproject 1)
- Second Investment Climate Improvement Program (Subprogram 1)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Corridors 1 and 3 Connector Road Project Design Advance
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Corridors 1 and 3 Connector Road Project