Kyrgyz Republic: Projects and Results
Latest Project Results and Case Studies
In Kyrgyz Republic, Access to Finance Boosts Small BusinessAs small and medium-sized businesses in the Kyrgyz Republic face an economic downturn, mobile phone technology and local banks are making access to finance easier.
Building Skills in Kyrgyz Republic: Good Training Means Good JobsThe Kyrgyz Republic is transforming an outdated system of vocational education into job-training programs that give graduates the skills companies need.
Central Asia Cross-Border Trade and TransportRehabilitated roads in landlocked Tajikistan boost trade at home and with other Central Asian nations and the People’s Republic of China (PRC).
Improving Maternal and Child Health in the Kyrgyz RepublicA community-based early childhood development project has helped improve women's and children's health in rural communities of the Kyrgyz Republic.
Vocational Training and Jobs in the Kyrgyz RepublicADB assists the government and civil society in reforming the primary vocational education (PVE) system and increasing training opportunities for adults and out of school youth in the Kyrgyz Republic.
Preschool Program Improves Children's Health in the Kyrgyz RepublicEarly childhood education programs in the Kyrgyz Republic are improving the health, nutrition, and psychosocial development of young children.
Kyrgyz Republic: Upgrade of Strategic Road Promotes TradeAround 75 percent of the population of the Kyrgyz Republic are benefiting in some way from an upgraded road connecting the north and south of the country.
Providing Safe Water at the Doorstep in the Kyrgyz RepublicPeople in the mountainous areas of the Kyrgyz Republic are enjoying better access to clean water thanks to improved water supply and sanitation infrastructure in rural areas.
Kyrgyz Republic: Preparing Students for a Modern EconomyPanfilov and 90 other villages in the Kyrgyz Republic benefit from ADB support for improved access to quality education that will prepare the country's children for its changing economy.
- Uch Kurgan Hydropower Plant Modernization Project (formerly Energy Sector Project)
- Climate Resilience & Disaster Risk Reduction in Water Resources Management
- Rural Financial Inclusion Project
- Second Issyk-kul Sustainable Development Project
- CAREC Corridors 1 and 3 Connector Road Project - Additional Financing
- Second Investment Climate Improvement Program (Subprogram 3)
- Skills for Inclusive Growth Sector Development Program
- Climate Resilience and Disaster Risk Reduction in Water Resources Management
- Uch Kurgan Hydropower Plant Modernization
- Skilling and Entrepreneurship for Inclusive Growth Sector Development Program