Federated States of Micronesia and ADB
In the Spotlight
ADB is scaling up its assistance in the Pacific, with our active portfolio growing from $500 million in 2004 to $2.6 billion at the end of 2017.
Growth in the Pacific is expected to remain weak in 2018, as economic and political uncertainties, fiscal challenges, and natural disasters hold back some of the region’s larger economies. Capacity constraints could limit infrastructure investment-driven growth in the Federated States of Micronesia, says a new ADB report.
ADB's Board of Directors has approved a total of $36.6 million in grants to help fund the delivery of low-cost, high quality internet service in the Federated States of Micronesia, Kiribati, and Nauru.
The government and the people of the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) have been working with ADB since 1990. According to a country brief, the FSM received a total of $99.57 million of support from ADB through loans, grants, and technical assistance by the end of 2010.
The resumption of public investments in the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) has helped its economy attain 1.4% growth in Fiscal Year 2015, following 3 years of economic contraction. Stimulus from construction under compact infrastructure grants will support growth in the near term.
Development support has focused on stimulating the private sector and on achieving medium-term fiscal sustainability, to ensure sufficient resources are available as the expiration of compact grants in FY2023 approaches.
Projects in Federated States of Micronesia
No projects in this category were found.
- Enhancing ADB’s Support for Social Protection to Achieve the Sustainable Development Goals
- Improving Internet Connectivity for Micronesia Project (formerly Improving Internet Connectivity for FSM, Kiribati, and Nauru)
- Capacity Building and Sector Reform for Renewable Energy Investments in the Pacific
- Key Indicators for Asia and the Pacific 2018-2020 – Key Indicators for Asia and the Pacific 2019 (Subproject 2)
- Asian Development Outlook 2016-2018 - Asian Development Outlook 2018 (Subproject 3)
- Improving the Quality of Basic Education in the North Pacific
- Asian Development Outlook 2016-2018 - Asian Development Outlook 2016 (Subproject 1)
- Asian Development Outlook 2015
- National Tourism Sector Development Framework and State Government Tourism Investment Plans
- Implementation of the Strategic Program for Climate Resilience: Pacific Region