Mongolia and ADB
In the Spotlight
Mongolia began revamping its economy and society in the early 1990s and the Asian Development Bank was an early, trusted partner in this effort.
Mongolia’s economic growth will remain solid in 2018 and 2019, albeit with slight moderation, following a strong performance in 2017 as coal exports and mining investments strengthened, according to a new ADB report.
This country brief emphasizes that ADB’s assistance has played an important role in transforming Mongolia into a middle-income economy, and its country strategy for Mongolia has evolved over the years to match the changing needs of the country.
Mongolia urgently needs to restore macroeconomic stability to ensure social stability, and to develop in the longer term a more resilient and diversified economy that can consistently deliver rapid, inclusive, and sustainable growth.
ADB assistance in Mongolia addresses key development challenges by supporting investments, policy reforms, capacity building, and knowledge sharing to sustain inclusive growth in a period of economic difficulty.
Mongolia is a member of the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Program.
Projects in Mongolia
- Regional Road Development and Maintenance Project
- Enhancing the Use of Multiple Data Resources to Monitor Progress Towards the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Enhancing Gender Equality Results in East Asia
- Enhancing ADB’s Support for Social Protection to Achieve the Sustainable Development Goals
- Livelihood Support Demonstration in Ger Areas