Mongolia and ADB
In the Spotlight
ADB's urban development project aims to cut poverty by 30% in Mongolia’s capital city.
The Country Operations Business Plan is consistent with the strategic priorities of the country partnership strategy (CPS), 2017–2020 of ADB for Mongolia. In line with the Government Action Plan, 2016–2020 and the midterm review of Strategy 2020, the overarching goal of the CPS is to help Mongolia sustain inclusive growth in a period of economic difficulty.
This country brief emphasizes that ADB’s assistance has played an important role in transforming Mongolia into a middle-income economy, and its country strategy for Mongolia has evolved over the years to match the changing needs of the country.
Mongolia urgently needs to restore macroeconomic stability to ensure social stability, and to develop in the longer term a more resilient and diversified economy that can consistently deliver rapid, inclusive, and sustainable growth.
ADB assistance in Mongolia addresses key development challenges by supporting investments, policy reforms, capacity building, and knowledge sharing to sustain inclusive growth in a period of economic difficulty.
Mongolia is a member of the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Program.
Projects in Mongolia
- Implementing the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation 2030 Strategy for Sustainable Regional Development
- Support for the Establishment of a Supplementary Pension System
- Regional Road Development and Maintenance Project
- Enhancing the Use of Multiple Data Resources to Monitor Progress Towards the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Enhancing Gender Equality Results in East Asia