Mongolia: Projects and Results
Latest Project Results and Case Studies
High Tech Health Care Comes to Mongolia’s CountrysideNew facilities, equipment, and knowledge mean better primary health care for more than 700,000 rural Mongolians.
Bringing Clean Water to Mongolian TownsIn Mongolia, clean water and modern sewer systems mean better health and greater comfort for more than 290,000 residents.
Development of Pilot Procedures and Reference Document to Select Appropriate Technologies for Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) in SchoolThe main objective of this pilot and demonstration activity (PDA) is to provide policy makers, administrators and schools with tested practical guides for identifying a range of technological options for basic infrastructure available near school premises and selecting an appropriate technology that can make WASH facilities fully functional in school and meet the minimum requirements.
A Teaching and Learning Revolution in MongoliaADB support has boosted school enrollment, trained teachers, and made Mongolia’s education system more responsive to the needs of business and industry.
Mongolia: Small Infrastructure Investments Improve Lives of Ger Area WomenLack of safe water supply, heating, and sanitation; and poor access roads to schools, markets, and health facilities limit mobility and increase time burdens, particularly for women, in ger areas of two large cities, Ulaanbaatar and Erdenet.
Food Stamp Program Focuses Aid on Poorest Families in MongoliaMongolia is now better able to identify and assist the poorest people in the country.
Central Asia Cross-Border Trade and TransportRehabilitated roads in landlocked Tajikistan boost trade at home and with other Central Asian nations and the People’s Republic of China (PRC).
Mongolia: Better Reproductive Health Saves Lives of Women and Children in Mongolia - 2012An ADB-financed health project in Mongolia has helped halve the maternal mortality rate and substantially reduce infant and child mortality, improving the lives of Mongolian women.
In Mongolia, Efforts Underway to Prevent HIV/AIDSADB is pushing for the amendment of the AIDS law to include HIV prevention in the workplace. This will facilitate government budget allocation for HIV prevention activities to curb an impending epidemic in Mongolia.
Twenty Years of Partnership Between Asian Development Bank and MongoliaHarmonious economic growth that is both inclusive and environmentally sustainable
- COMBINED HEAT AND POWER PLANT NUMBER 5 PROJECT (CHP5)
- Community Vegetable Farming for Livelihood Improvement (formerly Sustainable Vegetable Farming for Smallholders)
- Community Waste Management and Recycling
- Implementing Innovative Approaches for Improved Water Governance
- Ulaanbaatar Pro-Poor Urban Redevelopment Support System for Ger Areas
- Ulaanbaatar Air Quality Improvement Program
- Development of the Health Sector Master Plan, 2019-2027
- Strengthening Systems for Promoting Science, Technology, and Innovation
- Supporting the Development of an Education Sector Master Plan
- Improved Registry System to Strengthen the Delivery of Social Services