Myanmar and ADB
In the Spotlight
ADB, Ascent Capital's Equity Investment Deal to Provide Growth Capital to Private Enterprises in Myanmar
ADB signed an agreement to provide a $10 million equity investment to Ascent Myanmar Growth Fund I LP, a private equity fund, for much-needed capital investment of small and medium-sized enterprises in the country.
This comparative analysis of administrative frameworks, functions, and performance of revenue bodies in 28 Asia–Pacific economies includes developments and trends in tax administration practice and performance. Download report
This Bond Market Guide provides an update for current and future domestic, regional, and international market participants on the tremendous developments in the Myanmar securities market.
Emerging from decades of economic and political isolation, Myanmar is striving for inclusive economic growth and poverty reduction. The country has strong potential for broad economic expansion, possessing abundant natural resources, a strategic location at the crossroads of Asia, a young population, and a sizable market with wide-ranging investment opportunities. Successful national elections, held in November 2015, represented an important milestone in Myanmar’s transition.
ADB operations in Myanmar focuses on building human resources and capacity, creating an enabling economic environment, and expanding access and connectivity.
Myanmar is a member of the Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS).
Projects in Myanmar
- Second Greater Mekong Subregion Highway Modernization Project (formerly GMS East-West Economic Corridor Highway Development Project)
- Second Mandalay Urban Services Improvement Project
- Rural Roads and Access Project
- Enhancing Financial Access through Public Credit Guarantee Scheme Project
- Road Safety for Highway Development in the Greater Mekong Subregion East-West Economic Corridor