Myanmar and ADB
In the Spotlight
Myanmar’s economic growth is expected to pick up in 2019 and 2020, thanks to higher foreign direct investment (FDI) and positive responses to the government’s economic and policy reforms, according to a new ADB report.
ADB, Ascent Capital's Equity Investment Deal to Provide Growth Capital to Private Enterprises in Myanmar
ADB signed an agreement to provide a $10 million equity investment to Ascent Myanmar Growth Fund I LP, a private equity fund, for much-needed capital investment of small and medium-sized enterprises in the country.
This Bond Market Guide provides an update for current and future domestic, regional, and international market participants on the tremendous developments in the Myanmar securities market.
Emerging from decades of economic and political isolation, Myanmar is striving for inclusive economic growth and poverty reduction. The country has strong potential for broad economic expansion, possessing abundant natural resources, a strategic location at the crossroads of Asia, a young population, and a sizable market with wide-ranging investment opportunities. Successful national elections, held in November 2015, represented an important milestone in Myanmar’s transition.
ADB operations in Myanmar focuses on building human resources and capacity, creating an enabling economic environment, and expanding access and connectivity.
Myanmar is a member of the Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS).
Projects in Myanmar
- Second Greater Mekong Subregion Highway Modernization Project (formerly GMS East-West Economic Corridor Highway Development Project)
- Second Mandalay Urban Services Improvement Project
- Rural Roads and Access Project
- Resilient Communities Development Project
- Advancing Cooperation in the Maritime Sector in South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation Program
- Support for Human and Social Development in Southeast Asia
- Agricultural Value Chain Development in Selected Asian Countries
- Impact Evaluation of the Climate-Friendly Agribusiness Value Chains Sector Project
- Ascent Myanmar Growth Fund I L.P.
- Southeast Asia Agriculture, Natural Resources and Rural Development Facility
- Mekong Tourism Innovation
- Greater Mekong Subregion: Capacity Development for Economic Zones in Border Areas
- Asian Development Outlook 2016-2018 - Asian Development Outlook 2016 (Subproject 1)
- Malaria and Communicable Diseases Control in the Greater Mekong Subregion
- Climate-Friendly Agribusiness Value Chains Sector Project