Pakistan and ADB
In the Spotlight
The Embassy of Switzerland in Pakistan and ADB signed an agreement to support the National Disaster Risk Management Fund (NDRMF). NDRMF was recently established by the Government of Pakistan to finance investments in disaster risk reduction and preparedness.
ADB continues a focus on infrastructure development and institutional reforms in Pakistan through its country partnership strategy.
Pakistan’s economy is projected to maintain strong growth in fiscal year (FY) 2018 as power supply in the country improves, manufacturing and crop harvests strengthen, and consumption expenditure and investments rise, according to a new ADB report.
In Multan, a city in Pakistan's eastern province of Punjab, a group of women is receiving training as solar panel technicians. This initiative is providing them with new income opportunities and raising their status in society.
The Government of Pakistan has worked with ADB to strengthen the country’s key infrastructure, boost social and environmental safeguards, and promote information sharing with other countries.
The country partnership strategy, 2015-2019 for Pakistan continues to focus on infrastructure development and institutional reforms. It outlines financial assistance in six key sectors: energy; transport; agriculture, natural resources, and rural development; water and other urban infrastructure and services; public sector management; and finance
Pakistan is a member of the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Program.
Projects in Pakistan
- Using Information and Communications Technology to Enhance Efficiency in Agriculture in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and the Republic of Tajikistan
- Integrated Information and Communications Technology Development Project
- Sindh Secondary Education Improvement Project
- Balochistan Water Resources Development Sector Project
- Strengthening Corporate Social Responsibility for Development
- Implementing the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation 2030 Strategy for Sustainable Regional Development
- Supporting Social Safeguards in the Central and West Asia Region
- MFF Power Transmission Enhancement Investment Program II Tranche 3
- Supporting Environmental Safeguards in the Central and West Asia Region
- Enhancing ADB’s Support for Social Protection to Achieve the Sustainable Development Goals