Pakistan: Projects and Results
Latest Project Results and Case Studies
Expanding Access to Credit for Agriculture and Micro, Small, and Medium-Sized Enterprise Borrowers in PakistanThis is an eligible transaction under the Faster Approach to Small Nonsovereign Transactions framework. The transaction involves a loan of up to $20,000,000 or Pakistan rupee equivalent to Khushhali Bank Limited for Expanding Access to Credit for Agriculture and Micro, Small, and Medium-Sized Enterprise Borrowers in Pakistan.
Using Water as Fuel: Pakistan’s Ranolia Hydropower ProjectA 17 megawatt run-of-river plant harnesses Pakistan’s rich clean energy potential, generating enough power to service about 600,000 new connections or 4.8 million people.
In Pakistan, a Devastating Flood has Helped People Prepare for Climate ChangeCommunities affected by one of the most damaging disasters in Pakistan's history worry that more extreme weather events will come as the earth's climate changes.
Keeping the Water Flowing to Pakistan’s CitiesThough access to safe drinking water has improved, Pakistan struggles to keep up with increasing demand from a growing urban population.
Building Back Better in PakistanAfter a catastrophic earthquake in Pakistan, swift action by ADB and other development partners led to one of the most successful recovery efforts ever undertaken.
Road Project Opens Pakistan Valley to TouristsRestoring a vital road damaged by the 2005 earthquake boosts tourism and opens livelihood opportunities in Pakistan’s Neelum Valley.
Trees Provide Income and Preserve Land in PakistanA sustainable livelihood project in Pakistan is boosting poor farmers’ income and protecting their land from erosion.
Biogas Brings a Better Life to Pakistan's Rural WomenThanks to an ADB project, women in rural Pakistan are now using biogas to cook meals for their families, freeing their kitchens from unhealthy fumes and giving them more time for other activities.
Central Asia Cross-Border Trade and TransportRehabilitated roads in landlocked Tajikistan boost trade at home and with other Central Asian nations and the People’s Republic of China (PRC).
Pakistan: Women Step Up After Earthquake - 2012The 2005 earthquake in Pakistan created thousands of widows who had to quickly learn to provide for their family and community. ADB's assistance programs included special provisions to help women, especially widows and other heads of household, who suddenly found themselves thrust into new roles of responsibility.
- Using Information and Communications Technology to Enhance Efficiency in Agriculture in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and the Republic of Tajikistan
- Integrated Information and Communications Technology Development Project
- Sindh Secondary Education Improvement Project
- Balochistan Water Resources Development Sector Project
- Strengthening Corporate Social Responsibility for Development
- Enhancing ADB’s Support for Social Protection to Achieve the Sustainable Development Goals
- Modernizing Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures to Facilitate Trade
- Capacity Building for Khushhali Bank Limited
- Capacity Building Program for Journalists in Developing Member Countries, 2018-2019
- Punjab Intermediate Cities Improvement Investment Project (Phase 2)