Pakistan: Projects and Results
Latest Project Results and Case Studies
Using Water as Fuel: Pakistan’s Ranolia Hydropower ProjectA 17 megawatt run-of-river plant harnesses Pakistan’s rich clean energy potential, generating enough power to service about 600,000 new connections or 4.8 million people.
In Pakistan, a Devastating Flood has Helped People Prepare for Climate ChangeCommunities affected by one of the most damaging disasters in Pakistan's history worry that more extreme weather events will come as the earth's climate changes.
Keeping the Water Flowing to Pakistan’s CitiesThough access to safe drinking water has improved, Pakistan struggles to keep up with increasing demand from a growing urban population.
Building Back Better in PakistanAfter a catastrophic earthquake in Pakistan, swift action by ADB and other development partners led to one of the most successful recovery efforts ever undertaken.
Road Project Opens Pakistan Valley to TouristsRestoring a vital road damaged by the 2005 earthquake boosts tourism and opens livelihood opportunities in Pakistan’s Neelum Valley.
Trees Provide Income and Preserve Land in PakistanA sustainable livelihood project in Pakistan is boosting poor farmers’ income and protecting their land from erosion.
Biogas Brings a Better Life to Pakistan's Rural WomenThanks to an ADB project, women in rural Pakistan are now using biogas to cook meals for their families, freeing their kitchens from unhealthy fumes and giving them more time for other activities.
Central Asia Cross-Border Trade and TransportRehabilitated roads in landlocked Tajikistan boost trade at home and with other Central Asian nations and the People’s Republic of China (PRC).
Pakistan: Women Step Up After Earthquake - 2012The 2005 earthquake in Pakistan created thousands of widows who had to quickly learn to provide for their family and community. ADB's assistance programs included special provisions to help women, especially widows and other heads of household, who suddenly found themselves thrust into new roles of responsibility.
Providing Electricity to Pakistan's Remote Fishing VillagesThe fisherfolk of the Indus Delta in Sindh Province finally have electricity to light up their homes, and their lives.
- Strengthening Corporate Social Responsibility for Development
- Balochistan Water Resources Development Project
- Institutional Transformation of the Punjab Irrigation Department to a Water Resources Department
- Provincial Strategy for Urban Inclusive and Sustainable Growth (Identifying Smart Cities Development Potential in Pakistan)
- MFF Punjab Intermediate Cities Improvement Investment Program
- Second Power Transmission Enhancement Investment Program
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Railway Connectivity Investment Program
- Public Sector Enterprises Reform Program (Subprogram 1)
- National Motorway M-4 Gojra–Shorkot–Khanewal Section Project - Additional Financing
- Post-Flood National Highways Rehabilitation Project