Palau and ADB
In the Spotlight
Tourism in the Pacific is increasing and a key driver of economic growth. In Palau, recent internet connection upgrade is helping promote the island country's tourism industry.
The economies of countries in the Pacific are expected to recover over the next two years, although building resilience against natural hazards and climate change remains a key priority, according to a new ADB report.
Palau once relied entirely on satellite links for internet connectivity. Now a fiber-optic cable system is helping the island nation to improve delivery of government, health, and education services.
With outstanding natural and cultural resources, Palau has benefited from strong growth in the tourism sector that has driven overall economic growth. Despite this positive progress, as a small-island state with a population of around 20,000, Palau remains vulnerable to external economic shocks, the impacts of climate change, and other environmental and weather-related risks.
ADB’s strategy in Palau is to provide support to improve public sector effectiveness, facilitate private sector development, deliver safe water and sanitation services, and improve connectivity.
Projects in Palau
No projects in this category were found.
- Implementing a Differentiated Approach to Urban Development in the Pacific
- The Economic Impacts of the End of Compact Grant Assistance
- Asian Development Outlook 2019–2021
- Disaster Resilience Program
- Pacific Information and Communication Technology Investment Planning and Capacity Development Facility (Phase 2) - Information and Communication Technology Sector Assessment in the Pacific DMCs (Subproject 2)