People's Republic of China: Projects and Results
Latest Project Results and Case Studies
Pilot Application of IWA Water Balance MethodologyOne of the priority thrusts under ADB’s Water Operational Plan 2011–2020 is increased water use efficiency in municipal water supply through aggressive reduction of nonrevenue water (NRW). Water loss or NRW is one of the main and most urgent problems for many water utilities in Asia and the Pacific. This is usually due to one or several factors: aging infrastructure, lack of holistic asset management practices, water theft, and improper accounting of water.
People's Republic of China: Cleaner Urban Transport for Clearer SkiesIn the People’s Republic of China, cities are using innovative financing to modernize their public transport systems, clean the air, and decongest roads.
People’s Republic of China: Building Roads that Help Small Towns in Yunnan ProvinceA project in Yunnan Province helped bring the People’s Republic of China closer to its neighbors and drive local development.
Mongolia: The Road to ProsperityIn what was once an isolated province in western Mongolia, a road project that links the country to the People’s Republic of China and the Russian Federation is changing lives for the better.
Piloting “Sponge Cities” in the People’s Republic of ChinaIntelligently planned and protected urban green spaces are being introduced in 16 cities in the People's Republic of China to reduce flood risks and manage water resources.
Putting Chinese Commuters into the Fast LaneA new bus rapid transit system is cutting down traffic and pollution in Yichang, People’s Republic of China, while giving people a renewed sense of pride in their city.
Meeting the Wastewater Challenge in the People’s Republic of ChinaAs water shortages worsen, the People’s Republic of China is recycling millions of tons of wastewater for use in factories, cleaning streets, and washing cars.
New Railway Brings Tourists, Business, Jobs, to Yunnan ProvinceIn the spectacular landscape of Yunnan Province in the People’s Republic of China, a railway is proving that ancient cultures, tourism, and economic progress can coexist.
Preserving the Wetlands of the People’s Republic of ChinaThe government of the People’s Republic of China is working to protect some of the country’s most important wetlands, in Jiangsu province near Shanghai and Nanjing, to help endangered birds and mammals, the environment, and the people who rely on the areas to make a living.
In the People’s Republic of China, Manure is Being Turned into MoneyBy converting waste into clean energy, livestock farms in Jiangxi Province, People's Republic of China, help manage an environmental threat, contribute to the national energy grid, and boost their income.
- Yuxi-Mohan Subregional Railway Link Project
- Xinjiang Hetian Comprehensive Urban Development and Environmental Improvement Project
- Sustainable Tourism Development in the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Region
- Yangtze River Green Ecological Corridor Comprehensive Agriculture Development
- Xinjiang Regional Cooperation and Integration Promotion
- Developing Students' Core Competencies and Reducing Rural–Urban Disparities in Primary Education through the Use of Information and Communication Technology
- Feasibility Assessment of a Large-Scale Carbon Capture and Storage Demonstration Project and Development Support to Yanchang Petroleum Group
- Preparing Urban and Social Development Projects
- Policy Advice for the Yangtze River Protection Law of the People’s Republic of China
- Developing an Accountability Mechanism Framework for Financial Intermediaries