People's Republic of China: Projects and Results
Latest Project Results and Case Studies
Piloting “Sponge Cities” in the People’s Republic of ChinaIntelligently planned and protected urban green spaces are being introduced in 16 cities in the People's Republic of China to reduce flood risks and manage water resources.
Putting Chinese Commuters into the Fast LaneA new bus rapid transit system is cutting down traffic and pollution in Yichang, People’s Republic of China, while giving people a renewed sense of pride in their city.
Meeting the Wastewater Challenge in the People’s Republic of ChinaAs water shortages worsen, the People’s Republic of China is recycling millions of tons of wastewater for use in factories, cleaning streets, and washing cars.
New Railway Brings Tourists, Business, Jobs, to Yunnan ProvinceIn the spectacular landscape of Yunnan Province in the People’s Republic of China, a railway is proving that ancient cultures, tourism, and economic progress can coexist.
Preserving the Wetlands of the People’s Republic of ChinaThe government of the People’s Republic of China is working to protect some of the country’s most important wetlands, in Jiangsu province near Shanghai and Nanjing, to help endangered birds and mammals, the environment, and the people who rely on the areas to make a living.
In the People’s Republic of China, Manure is Being Turned into MoneyBy converting waste into clean energy, livestock farms in Jiangxi Province, People's Republic of China, help manage an environmental threat, contribute to the national energy grid, and boost their income.
PRC’s Tianjin Breathing Easier with Cleaner Coal PowerA power plant in the city of Tianjin is using efficient coal technology to help millions in the People's Republic of China on the path to cleaner air and more reliable power supply for their homes and businesses.
People’s Republic of China: Saving the Great LakesAs pollution challenges mount threatening water resources in the People's Republic of China, the authorities in Anhui Province test a new approach to lake management.
Treated Water Bringing Smiles Back to PRC’s Hebei ProvinceMore than 800,000 residents are benefiting from a project to clean up water, upgrade wastewater and solid waste treatment, and boost district heating in 10 small towns of Hebei Province, PRC.
People’s Republic of China: Switching on to Clean EnergyThree ADB-funded hydropower plants in the People’s Republic of China’s north are providing clean, reliable electricity to millions.
- Yuxi-Mohan Subregional Railway Link Project
- Sichuan Ziyang Green Transformation and Development Project
- Chongqing Longxi River Basin Integrated Flood and Environmental Risk Management Project
- Qingdao Rural Waste-to-Energy and Clean Energy Supply in Rural and Suburban Area Project
- Xinjiang Hetian Comprehensive Urban Development and Environmental Improvement Project
- Guangxi Regional Cooperation and Integration Promotion Investment Program - Tranche 2
- Capacity Development Support to the National and Local Joint Engineering Research Center on Carbon Capture, Utilization, and Sequestration at Northwest University (Subproject 1)
- Judicial Reform: Using Big Data to Improve Delivery of Justice
- Strengthening the Role of E-Commerce in Poverty Reduction in Southwestern Mountainous Areas in Chongqing
- Improving Ecological Protection and Poverty Alleviation Outcomes of the Rare-Earth Sector in Jiangxi Province