Tajikistan: Projects and Results
Latest Project Results and Case Studies
Upgraded Tajikistan Road Improves Access to MarketsAn ADB-supported project has upgraded a key transport corridor in landlocked Tajikistan, giving businesses and residents better access to services and distant markets.
Equity Investment in AccessBank TajikistanADB’s first private investment in Tajikistan will support the growth of AccessBank, a greenfield bank that serves low-income customers, and boost financing for micro, small and medium-sized enterprises, and services in the regions outside the capital, Dushanbe.
Tajikistan Hydropower: Strengthening the Power SupplyThe Soviet-era Nurek hydropower plant supplies most of Tajikistan’s electrical power, but its technology is antiquated and the land its switchyard is built on is sinking, requiring an ADB intervention of funds and expertise.
Central Asia Cross-Border Trade and TransportRehabilitated roads in landlocked Tajikistan boost trade at home and with other Central Asian nations and the People’s Republic of China (PRC).
Tajikistan Flooding and Disaster PreparednessTajikistan’s mountainous terrain and climatic extremes mean flooding is common but flood prevention infrastructure is helping provide a more secure base for rural livelihoods.
Tajikistan Transport: Surhob River Bridge Saves LivesIn Tajikistan, a new bridge across the Surhob River is connecting once-isolated villages to the amenities of town, saving lives in medical emergencies, and providing a much-needed shot in the arm for small businesses.
Family Health Centers in Tajikistan Bring Care to Rural CommunitiesA community-based approach to health centers in Tajikistan is providing access to health care in areas with high rates of infant and maternal mortality.
New Road Cuts Travel Time to Tajikistan CapitalNo sign indicates where a major ADB road project tapers off in Rasht district, Tajikistan. But close your eyes and it is easy to tell. Smooth concrete road abruptly gives way to jarring, rutted terrain, and vehicles heading east from the capital Dushanbe begin a 60-kilometer (km) crawl.
Tajikistan: Road Out of PovertyImprovements to a key road artery in Tajikistan bring a host of benefits to impoverished communities: better access to schools, hospitals, and markets.
Restoring Quake-Damaged Water Supply in TajikistanAn emergency loan from ADB to repair Tajikistan's troubled water supply reduces waste, boosts farm productivity, and improves incomes.
- Using Information and Communications Technology to Enhance Efficiency in Agriculture in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and the Republic of Tajikistan
- Climate-Resilient Dairy Value Chain Development Project
- Sughdneft Expansion Project
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Corridors 2, 3, and 5 (Obigarm-Nurobod) Road Project
- Skills and Competitiveness Sector Development Program
- Regional Cooperation on Increasing Cross-Border Energy Trading within the Central Asian Power System - Provision of Solutions to Bottlenecks to the Regional Power Trade (Subproject 2)
- Implementing the Integrated Trade Agenda in the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Program
- Regional Cooperation on Increasing Cross-Border Energy Trading within the Central Asian Power System - Modernization of Coordinating Dispatch Center Energiya (Subproject 1)
- Developing Anti-Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism Approaches, Methodologies, and Controls (Subproject B)
- Enhancing Project Readiness and Implementation in Central and West Asia