Turkmenistan and ADB
In the Spotlight
This study seeks to assess the potential of the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Program as a platform to promote a regional approach to tourism development.
This publication compiles the best practices for the introduction and development of road asset management based on a desk review of the experiences in the 11 member countries of the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Program, including Turkmenistan.
Signing of the framework agreement for the proposed Turkmenistan–Afghanistan–Pakistan (TAP) Power Interconnection Project will pave the way for enabling power trade and exchange among the three countries.
ADB Board of Directors has endorsed a 5-year Country Partnership Strategy (CPS) for Turkmenistan to support regional cooperation and economic diversification during 2017-2021. This is ADB’s first full CPS with Turkmenistan since the country joined ADB in 2000.
ADB began working with Turkmenistan in 2000 and has since been helping to diversify the country’s economic base and increase its share of regional trade.
Given Turkmenistan’s vast energy resources and strategic location, ADB operations focus on enhancements to the country’s transport and energy sectors, with infrastructure projects fostering regional cooperation. ADB has also provided expert advice through a technical assistance grant to facilitate the long-term exporting of power to Afghanistan.
Turkmenistan is a member of the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Program.
Projects in Turkmenistan
- Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises Finance Project
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Corridors 2, 3 and 6 (Turkmenabat-Mary) Railway Modernization Project
- Partnership with the Private Sector for Sustainable Trade Facilitation Results in the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Program
- Better Customs for Better Client Services in Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Countries
- Sustainable Tourism Development in the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Region
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation: Knowledge Sharing and Services in Transport and Transport Facilitation (Phase 2)
- Implementing the Integrated Trade Agenda in the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Program
- Enhancing Project Readiness and Implementation in Central and West Asia
- Regional Cooperation on Increasing Cross-Border Energy Trading within the Central Asian Power System
- Railway Sector Development in Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Countries
- Asian Development Outlook 2016-2018 - Asian Development Outlook 2017 (Subproject 2)
- Modernization of Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures for Food Safety
- Asian Development Outlook 2015
- Prevention and Control of HIV/AIDS and Other Communicable Diseases in Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Countries
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation: Midterm Review of the Transport and Trade Facilitation Strategy and Implementation Action Plan