Uzbekistan and ADB
In the Spotlight
ADB Board of Directors has approved a $300 million policy-based loan to help improve economic management in Uzbekistan, which will help support macroeconomic stability and sustain high growth in the country.
ADB has approved a $450 million loan to help install 850 megawatts (MW) to 950 MW in additional generation capacity in the Talimarjan Thermal Power Plant, which will help improve power generation efficiency and energy security in Uzbekistan.
ADB's Board of Directors has approved a $45 million loan to help improve the quality of rural primary healthcare services in Uzbekistan.
Uzbekistan is a country striving for inclusive economic growth and narrowing of gaps in infrastructure quality between rural and urban areas through economic liberalization, private sector development, regional cooperation and integration.
The country operations business plan (COBP), 2019–2021 for Uzbekistan builds on the current country partnership strategy (CPS) for Uzbekistan and is consistent with the recent government initiatives and the forthcoming CPS for Uzbekistan for 2019–2023 under preparation. The COBP includes operational support for agriculture, transport, energy, municipal services, health, education, social protection, and access to finance. Support for the key drivers of change—including private sector development, regional cooperation, governance, and others—is integrated into the operational assistance.
Uzbekistan is a member of the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Program.
Projects in Uzbekistan
- Second Tashkent Province Water Supply Development Project
- Railway Efficiency Improvement Project
- Regional Cooperation on Increasing Cross-Border Energy Trading within the Central Asian Power System - Provision of Solutions to Bottlenecks to the Regional Power Trade (Subproject 2)
- Implementing Integrated Trade Agenda in Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Program
- Support to the Operationalization of the Uzbekistan Mortgage Refinancing Company (UMRC)
- Regional Cooperation on Increasing Cross-Border Energy Trading within the Central Asian Power System - Modernization of Coordinating Dispatch Center Energiya (Subproject 1)
- Preparing Sustainable Energy Investment Projects
- Enhancing Project Readiness and Implementation in Central and West Asia
- Effective Economic Management
- Regional Cooperation on Increasing Cross-Border Energy Trading within the Central Asian Power System