Uzbekistan and ADB
In the Spotlight
ADB has approved a $450 million loan to help install 850 megawatts (MW) to 950 MW in additional generation capacity in the Talimarjan Thermal Power Plant, which will help improve power generation efficiency and energy security in Uzbekistan.
ADB's Board of Directors has approved a $45 million loan to help improve the quality of rural primary healthcare services in Uzbekistan.
Uzbekistan is a country striving for inclusive economic growth and a narrowing of gaps in infrastructure quality between rural and urban areas.
ADB's country operations business plan (COBP), 2018-2020 for Uzbekistan includes operational support for transport, energy, municipal services, health, and access to finance. Support for the key drivers of change—private sector development, regional cooperation, governance, knowledge management, gender equity, and climate change and the environment—is integrated into the operational assistance.
Uzbekistan is a member of the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Program.
Projects in Uzbekistan
- Affordable Rural Housing Program
- Small Business Finance Project
- Housing for Integrated Rural Development Investment Program - Tranche 3
- Preparation of Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Corridor 2 (Pap-Namangan-Andijan) Railway Electrification Project
- Northwest Region Power Transmission Line Project