Viet Nam and ADB
In the Spotlight
ADB’s country partnership strategy for Viet Nam is based on promoting job creation and competitiveness, increasing the inclusiveness of infrastructure and service delivery, and improving environmental sustainability and climate resilience.
ADB President Mr. Takehiko Nakao reaffirmed his continued support for sustainable infrastructure investment at the 23rd Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Finance Ministers’ Meeting in Chiang Rai, Thailand.
Viet Nam's Economy Retains Strong Growth Momentum, Though Moderating Amid Weakening Global Outlook — ADB
Viet Nam’s economy experienced another year of strong growth in 2018, although a weaker external environment could affect the country’s growth outlook for this year and next, says a new ADB report.
This publication presents the integration of a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) in the revised Power Development Plan VII of Viet Nam.
Viet Nam’s economic growth has been increasing since 2011, while inflation has remained in single digits. Well-balanced macroeconomic policies have helped restore stability and investor confidence, with growth being propelled by a surge in foreign direct investment and export-oriented manufacturing.
Viet Nam needs to continue to develop a more dynamic market economy—one that can compete globally and deliver sustainable, equitable growth over the long term. Despite remarkable achievements in reducing poverty, serious development challenges remain, with income and other socioeconomic gaps still evident in pockets of ethnic minorities and other vulnerable groups.
ADB's country partnership strategy for Viet Nam focuses assistance through three pillars: promoting job creation and competitiveness, increasing the inclusiveness of infrastructure and service delivery, and improving environmental sustainability and climate change response.
Viet Nam is a member of the Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS).
Projects in Viet Nam
- Southeast Asia Public Management, Financial Sector, and Trade Policy Facility
- Support for Human and Social Development in Southeast Asia
- AC Energy Green Bond Project
- Developing Anti-Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism Approaches, Methodologies, and Controls (Subproject B)
- Second Health Human Resources Development Project
- Mekong Tourism Innovation
- Enhancing Readiness for Solar Power Deployment in Viet Nam
- Policy Coordination and Planning of Border Economic Zones of the People's Republic of China and Viet Nam
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS) Corridor Connectivity Enhancement Project
- Asian Development Outlook 2016-2018 - Asian Development Outlook 2017 (Subproject 2)